IGNORED

What if you had every scorecard from every round you've ever golfed?

GITrDONE
Note: This thread is 6101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have that opportunity!

Been interested in golf my whole life. I bought a 5 iron with my own money as a kid and some cheap balls and would hit them in the park across the way from my grandmom's

Have been to various ranges at various times, mostly using a loaner driver from the range

But lately I've gotten into golf for real and plan on actually playing once I get consistent

So I have the opportunity to save every scorecard from every course the rest of my life and I think that'd be pretty cool to have records of my (hopeful) progression as well as where and when I've played

Discuss!

I have that opportunity!

I have every score card since early May in a box. About 60-70 of them so far. I can notice the progression - low 50's for 9 holes, the occasional blowup 60+, then high 40s, then mid 40's, and recently, high 30's/low 40's. At the end of the year I'm going to try and get a laundry list of everything I did - strokes taken, holes played, how far I was over par, balls lost, and so on...

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I have every score card since early May in a box. About 60-70 of them so far. I can notice the progression - low 50's for 9 holes, the occasional blowup 60+, then high 40s, then mid 40's, and recently, high 30's/low 40's. At the end of the year I'm going to try and get a laundry list of everything I did - strokes taken, holes played, how far I was over par, balls lost, and so on...

Very cool, exactly what I was thinking! You might be a bit of nerd like me cause I too thought it'd be sweet to data-entry everything into the computer and run all sorts of statistics n sh*t

Very cool, exactly what I was thinking! You might be a bit of nerd like me cause I too thought it'd be sweet to data-entry everything into the computer and run all sorts of statistics n sh*t

Oh, no, I'd do it the hard way. I'd sort out which were 9 hole rounds, which were 18 holes, which ones I got rained out on, and add it all up. I figure, since I hate winter anyway because 1) no golf and 2) I have to dig my car out every time it snows, I won't be outside much and I'll have a long time to add all that stuff up.

If I keep going at my current rate, I'm predicting this by the end of the year: Rounds played: 150 Holes played: 2,300 Strokes taken: 12,000 Balls lost: 400 Fairways hit: 30% Greens hit: 40% Putts per hole: 2.1 Average score - 92 End of year handicap: 9.9 or less.

2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

• Administrator

I have just about all of my scorecards from last year and this year... digitally in my stat tracker.

I couldn't possibly keep all the scorecards. I play in too many events which require you to turn your cards in.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have just about all of my scorecards from last year and this year... digitally in my stat tracker.

I might need to get one of those - does your stat tracker work with PC's?

• Administrator
I might need to get one of those - does your stat tracker work with PC's?

Soon. But since you're in KY, look for it at the start of next golf season.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

WHen I was a kid I collected all my cards. Did for about 10 years. Then I figured, "what do I need these things for?" Now I'll just keep special cards when I shoot awesome rounds.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I've kept all my scorecards from the time I started playing a couple of months ago.

In my Essex Stand Bag:
3 Wood: F/Speed - Aldila S Graphite Shaft
Hybrid: Halo 3i 22° - R Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

If I had done that, it would be scary to see how awful I was when I started golf.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

I would suggest that when you play Golf at different courses grab a extra scorecard and after you have a few you can get a picture frame and tape them in the frame (for they make a great picture in a sports theme clubroom atmosphere)....... just a suggestion though

I've been putting my scores into digitaldivot.com so I don't have to keep track of all of the score cards.

In my Grom CC bag
Driver: R580XD 10.5°
Woods: FX 3 and 5
Irons: Burner Oversize 5-9
Wedges: Burner Oversize PW & SW, Pinemeadow Tour Leader 60 °Putter: Pinemeadow BladeBall: D2 Straight

I have every round from this season. I would be cool to have every card for the last 30 years tho........I just started this year keeping my rounds in a Excell spread-sheet to track Fairways, GIR, putts, peanltys, score etc.......
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

As a mom...and usually at my my sons tourneys...I'll keep all tourney cards, he turns his in. Other then that, I have the cards where he's eagled a few holes. If I kept them all I'd have to rent a storage facility.

~disclaimer~ I'm just a golf mom.

I keep the scores in which I won (or tournaments) but other than that, I throw them away and post my scores in the computer. Its easy and it saves time.
In the Bag
Driver: FT-3 Fusion Driver
Fairway Woods: FT-3 Fusion 5 Wood
Hybrids: FT Fusion Hybrid
Irons: ZB Forged 4-PWWedges: X-Tour (52,56,60)Putter: Rossa Daytona 1

I don't know - it gets ridiculous after a while. I used to keep them all, and my wife and I tend to accumulate tons of crap as it is - so I just tossed them. Every once and I while I wish I could go back and look at some old ones, but I don't miss them that much. I have all rounds from the past few years kept electronically. (GameTrack)

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

• 2 weeks later...
I have them all... I start playing when I was 8, and my first round was an 171. It's cool to see how I would get better by about 8 shots a round for the first half-dozen rounds... if only I could knock off 8 shots now!

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Note: This thread is 6101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!