IGNORED

Am I just inconsistent

Note: This thread is 3883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It wasn't the 300 yard part that automatically made me think NO, it was the 99% part (combined with the 20+ HC). As far as 280 for the average pro- 280 ranks 152 out of 185 PGA Tour pros with enough rounds to qualify.

I assumed the 99% part of his comment meant good ball contact, but making no claims about accuracy. I'm sure most pros can hit further. They are more concerned with accuracy. I've seen the 15 to 18 year old kids hit 300 yard drives one right after another during a qualifier round.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Hacker James

I still think these are the same guy with different identities posting the same thing over and over again.  Is it possible? yay, probably (the distance claim),  Do I care?  Hell No.

Exactly, who cares? Let people think they drive 300yards with a 3-wood 99% of the time. They should be aware that unless they help support the claim with a swing posted here, that the rest of us just chuckle and think they are full of it. Maybe they can, maybe they can't do it, but there are certainly enough idiots out there who can't do it but say they can. Therefore, anyone who makes the claim without some evidence kinda looks silly. I, for one, don't care either way. More power to them if they can back it up- wouldn't bother me in the least either way.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes a[quote name="Lihu" url="/t/69681/am-i-just-inconsistent#post_890971"] I assumed the 99% part of his comment meant good ball contact, but making no claims about accuracy. I'm sure most pros can hit further. They are more concerned with accuracy. I've seen the 15 to 18 year old kids hit 300 yard drives one right after another during a qualifier round.[/quote Yes exactly tiger and those guys can all it it 340 but choose not to, and I play with guys all the time who hit it 315 but aren't always acculturate, luckily for our team they hit 3 woods and irons on most holes

Originally Posted by RandallT

Exactly, who cares? Let people think they drive 300yards with a 3-wood 99% of the time. They should be aware that unless they help support the claim with a swing posted here, that the rest of us just chuckle and think they are full of it. Maybe they can, maybe they can't do it, but there are certainly enough idiots out there who can't do it but say they can. Therefore, anyone who makes the claim without some evidence kinda looks silly. I, for one, don't care either way. More power to them if they can back it up- wouldn't bother me in the least either way.

I don't really care either, but it would change the advice I might give if it were true- If someone is hitting it 300 99% of the time with their 3 wood, then they need to work on their course management, accuracy and short game if they are a 20+ HC.  If the statement is BS, then who the hell knows what they should be working on.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Note: This thread is 3883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!