IGNORED

Club Fitting

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok calling all good players out there. How did you guys get your clubs fitted for you? Local pro, golf store, yourself? Looking to get new irons, and was curious about what process you guys take when you chose your equipment or got fitted.

Thanks

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Independent fitters are usually pretty good.  Maybe check this guy out.

http://www.conquestcustomgolf.com/index.html

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Just got fitted at Golfsmith. I got lucky, the guy there is awesome. He knew his stuff, knew the numbers that would work for my swing, and was very knowledgeable with all the golf tech.

I already knew i wanted the Mizuno MP 59, which helped. They were on sale, BIG PLUS!!!!

Ended up going through about 5 different shafts,

KBS tour

KBS C-Taper

Dynamic Gold

Project X

Went between stiff and x-stff, and got down to KBS tour X versus KBC C-Taper X. They are very close in numbers, so cost won out, went with KBS tour X, no upcharge at all, BIG PLUS!!!!

His thinking was, he wants to get the trajectory flattened out. He doesn't want to see the ball balloon. Which i agree with, i like the more boring trajectory. Honestly the KBS shafts are just superior, they feel so much better than the other two. Project X are very close. Basically project X is KBS shafts, but KBS shafts are just more advanced. The reason is, the guy who created KBS, use to work for True Temper, and Rifle. He had a falling out, and created KBS. So he couldn't create the parrallel shafts for 3 years, and finally came out with the C-Taper a few years ago.

Overall, a great fitting. It helps to figure out what clubhead you want in advance. But to get a guy who lives golf tech is huge.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I recently went and got a formal fitting at Cool Clubs: www.coolclubs.com

Great experience and they are not biased towards any brand.  This is what they did:

-Captured all the specs on my current clubs

-Collected all the data on my swing dynamics of my current clubs

-Their software evaluated my swing dynamics in relation to the performance of current clubs and the shafts and heads from all leading manufacturers. The software identifies the best alternatives from over 25,000 possible club/shaft combinations. They start having you try heads and shafts based on those recommendations.  They have every driver and iron conceivable---and more than 400 shafts they change in and out of the clubs.

-They evaluate all the combinations offered by their software and ....shazam!...you get your top three performers.

They give you all your swing data and all the recommendations on clubs and don't push buying from them.

$300 for driver and irons fitting.  You can buy your clubs from them or shop them.  They are expensive, but if you have a lot of customization required, probably better to go with them because they guarantee your satisfaction.

I learned a lot about what I thought was best for me and what actually performed better.

They have locations all over the country---I went to the one in San Francisco---took 2.5 hours.

My advice to anyone who really wants to maximize their game----GET PROFESSIONALLY FITTED

I got fitted for my driver and I can't hit it, lol.  But that's not the fittings fault.  I just plain suck with a driver, I don't have a controlled swing.  I do kinda want to know why he fit me though for a 9,5*... as I tend to slice it and I hit it very low as it was with my prior 10.5*.  But who knows.

I've heard never to get fit @ places like Dick's sporting goods... though I don't really know why.  What differs the on staff PGA Pro @ Dick's to the guy I got fitted from @ the local Golf Training Center?  Unfortunately in my area - those are the only 2 options.  I've gone to all the major club brands websites and done a fitting center search - all of them have NOTHING even close to me and I know I'll never see a demo day come to Endicott NY, lol.

Either way next time I need new irons I will get fit for them too as I'm currently just playing standard Nike Ignite II's off the shelf from Dicks - but I hit them pretty well.  Is it wise to get fitted for everything?  As in like wedges and putters as well?

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I got fitted for my driver and I can't hit it, lol.  But that's not the fittings fault.  I just plain suck with a driver, I don't have a controlled swing.  I do kinda want to know why he fit me though for a 9,5*... as I tend to slice it and I hit it very low as it was with my prior 10.5*.  But who knows.

I've heard never to get fit @ places like Dick's sporting goods... though I don't really know why.  What differs the on staff PGA Pro @ Dick's to the guy I got fitted from @ the local Golf Training Center?  Unfortunately in my area - those are the only 2 options.  I've gone to all the major club brands websites and done a fitting center search - all of them have NOTHING even close to me and I know I'll never see a demo day come to Endicott NY, lol.

Either way next time I need new irons I will get fit for them too as I'm currently just playing standard Nike Ignite II's off the shelf from Dicks - but I hit them pretty well.  Is it wise to get fitted for everything?  As in like wedges and putters as well?

1 degree of loft wont change the trajectory that much, it will lower overall spin though. But, when you say you hit the driver low, i am guessing you have a negative angle of attack, which will lower the launch angle for a driver.

Dicks is bad because they are not a true "Golf" store. They sell golf stuff, but places like Golf Smith or Golf Galaxy are much more better suited to fit you. Golf smith i went to has 3-4 different fitting carts, so you can take different iron heads and get thousands of combinations. There's a reason why Dicks bough out golf galaxy, its to get a foot hold into a golf specific store.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

1 degree of loft wont change the trajectory that much, it will lower overall spin though. But, when you say you hit the driver low, i am guessing you have a negative angle of attack, which will lower the launch angle for a driver.

Dicks is bad because they are not a true "Golf" store. They sell golf stuff, but places like Golf Smith or Golf Galaxy are much more better suited to fit you. Golf smith i went to has 3-4 different fitting carts, so you can take different iron heads and get thousands of combinations. There's a reason why Dicks bough out golf galaxy, its to get a foot hold into a golf specific store.

I hit my driver VERY low.  So low that this one hole @ a course I play often has an elevated fairway I just barely get it to the top of the hill.  And if by negative angle of attack you mean I hit more down on it... well I would say that's probably true.  As I also have a tendency to hit pop fly's if I tee the ball just a little high.  I am just plain bad with a driver, just plain bad.  Nearest GolfSmith is over 180 miles from me.  I like the Golf Training Center I got fitted for my driver at, but they only carry like 2 brands... Ping and Mizuno

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Note: This thread is 3883 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!