IGNORED

Welcome Aveo Golf!

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3843 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi All,

Wanted to welcome our newest sponsor Aveo Golf to The Sand Trap!  If you guys have any questions, please feel free to ask them in this thread.  Aveo Golf designs clothes for the big and tall golfer. Aveo clothes are now available at Golfsmith and make sure to stay tuned for TST Member Reviews.

From Darius Hicks, founder of Aveo Golf :

At 6’ 4” 300 lbs I struggled to look like a golfer. Nothing fit and most of my rounds were played in wind pants or cargo shorts. Instead of looking like a golfer I looked more like I was headed to the gym. 

Addressing this was tougher than I realized. Occasionally, I would find something “suitable” but I couldn't find a brand that I knew always had my needs in mind.

After struggling for a while, I decided to go another route and work with a close friend to design a pair of shorts that worked. I designed them to fit me and people noticed. I wore them when I played and people noticed. The interest I received eventually grew into a small number of local area orders. This is what lead me to create the brand and offer it up to a market looking for solutions. 

I realized that these unbranded shorts met a need much larger than just my own, so I created a second pair of shorts and two pairs of trousers.

Aveo was born and now I offer it up to you in order to help you better meet your apparel needs.

Make sure to check out Aveo Golf at http://www.aveogolf.com/ - also available at www.Golfsmith.com

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hi All -

I am excited to be a sponsor here and hope that we get the chance to talk about not just big and tall golf apparel but all things golf.

I am a golf FAN and golfer first - I love it even though it doesn't love me back.

I'd love to know how many of you all consider yourselves big and tall golfers and what you are doing now for golf clothes that fit

I consider myself big and tall, 6'4 275 (which was my playing weight I just wear it differently these days). I get all of my clothes off the internet. Under Armour and Nike both carry 3xl in golf shirts. The only "dri-fit" shorts I have found that fit are Under Armour fishing cargo shorts, which, oddly enough you cannot find in 44's on there website. I have to order those from Cabellas.

Big stoke (man I love the name. I went to undergrad with another guy we called big stoke) We only offer pants and shorts right now (and we do have 44 waist plus every pair has an additional 2 inches of hidden stretch in case you may need it ine day) We will have shirts shortly. You should check out or fb page or website. Also when you need another pair hit up www.Golfsmith.com and give us a try. You mention dry fit and we have a few very nice fabrics that we use. They have great stretch and dry extremely fast. If I can help at all let me know. Im a big guy so I know what you deal with. Im 6'4" 300lb.

I will look into it. I'm hoping I wont need the extra 2 inches you build into your shorts. I live in Missouri which combines high heat with high humidity in the summer. That's a potent combination if you sweat like me so dri fit is a must for me and I would imagine most other golfers our size.

Big thanks for being willing to look into Aveo. I am with you on that. Im in northwest arkansas bordering MO so its the same here. Ours hold there own in the hot humid weather. Quick question for you. How do you find out info on what may fit or work for you. Do you run into much that doesnt fit

It's all trial and error for what fits, and I have a pretty good idea which brands fit and which don't. Not to keep bringing up UA and nike but I know that when I order a 3xl loose fit shirt from either of them it will fit comfortably. I have never found an adidas product that fits comfortably. As for shorts and pant, it seems most companies vary widely on how much room they give you in the legs. This leads to a lot of returns on my part. Unfortunately with bottoms you just don't know until you try them on.

Its great to hear that confirmed. Shirts are less of a struggle but I have very long arms so length is sometimes a problem but you hit the nail on the head regarding shorts and pants. Thats the reason I chose to focus on bottoms first. Here is a quick snapshot of our flat front and one pleat shorts. They have more length and more full cut in the thigh.

When you look into shirts, please consider length. I'm also 6'4" with only a 32" inseam, so as you can tell I'm all torso. I'm also bigger across the chest and shoulders, and need cool, flexible fabrics if I'm gonna spend 4.5 hours outdoors. Also, a suggestion, my favorite older Under Armour polo was light colored with matching darker panels on the ribs that were not only vented for cooling, but also had a slimming look on me .

Your desire to change has to be greater than your desire to stay the same.

Welcome and good luck with the business!

(With 44 being the largest waist you offer, I'm afraid I will not be buying your products. I was hoping to find some good cooling shorts for the Dallas summers. Oh, well . . . )

Bob E.

Dallas, TX

Hey Aveo,

So my problem with buying golf clothes is that I'm too tall, not big. With this said, I'm always buying an extra size up for the length of the shirt, but the width ends up being way to baggy. Any chance you guys have tall-slim wear? I'm like 6'5''' or 6'4'' (somewhere in that ball park).

-Jake

Hey Aveo,  So my problem with buying golf clothes is that I'm too tall, not big. With this said, I'm always buying an extra size up for the length of the shirt, but the width ends up being way to baggy. Any chance you guys have tall-slim wear? I'm like 6'5''' or 6'4'' (somewhere in that ball park). -Jake

absolutely. Its not available now but as soon as we launch our shirt line in the next year we will. Im overjoyed to continue hearing feedback. I cant wait to serve you all. Please like our facebook page so that you can stay abreast of our movement. Darius.

Note: This thread is 3843 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!