• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Artimas

What bag top style is best for organizing clubs?

6 posts in this topic

I'm looking at new bags, and see that there are many types of tops and dividers. I can't decide which is best.

I'd like to get a top that allows me to keep my clubs organized and make it easy to spot a missing club. My bag now has several dividers and is highest in the center, and the clubs are just all over the place. A real mess finding the right club quickly and seeing if I accidentally left one behind.

The bags with the top angled down fro back to front look promising, but would appreciate any advice.

BTW, I almost always ride, but still want a light weight bag.

Thanks!

I like a bag with deviders for each club since, as you mention, it both helps with organization and knowing where a specific club ought to be and to notice if something is missing. This seems to be a feature found mostly on "cart bag" styles, though I believe there are some "carry bags" that have it too. I also believe the sloping down from back to front is mostly a cart bag feature. Light weight is something most of us that schlep clubs in our car very often certainly can appreciate. Sadly, there is always going to be a trade off between weight, features (number of pockets and deviders, etc.) and durability of construction. Electric carts are the norm around my area, so cart bags are a viable option.

My bag has 7 slots, two clubs per slot. Not hard to deal with like a slot for every club, and clubs don't get stuck together because there are too many per slot.

I prefer bags with 14 way divider. Keeps everything organized. The bag I'm using now is a Titleist premium stand bag, basically a Sun Mountain Four Five. Works well and still has enough pockets and storage as an alternative to a larger, heavier cart bag. Fits nice on a power cart and on my Cliqgear push cart as well.