• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nevets88

Anyone here from England? Curious, do you think this is funny?

11 posts in this topic

I got a chuckle out of it, but wondering what do you think?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

All I know is that I could not get a good cup of coffee when I was there. Cafe Americano should not be an esspresso with a bunch of added steamed water.

Or the Nescafe they sell in those kiosks at the train station.  Yuk.

I read that Dunkin Donuts is opening up stores in the London area.

Unfortunately I was at a Dunkin Donut in Paddington Station when I got the offending cup o'joe. The problem is that they don't make a pot of drip brew...you don't miss it until you can't get it.

I'm not from England, but find it hilarious. But I also find Mr. Bean hilarious.

I'm English, it's a pretty good cartoon, not hilarious but raised a smile. As much as I love tea (has to be Yorkshire Tea though) it takes a big cup of coffee to get my arse into gear. If I'm tired, tea just doesn't have enough oomph on those days

On my first trip to England, I stayed at The Gloucester Hotel near Hyde Park.  I was looking forward to having some real English tea.  When I requested a cup, they brought over a box with the same damn Twining's we have here in the supermarkets in the Boston area.  Major disappointment!

Hotels aren't great for tea in my experience, you need a proper tea room really, preferably in Yorkshire, but there are some great places in Cornwall too (clotted cream tea ftw).

Amusing, in a way. As for coffee, almost always smells better than it tastes. Espresso or nothing for me on the coffee front.

Boogie

Sounds like you were done. Twinings source good tea....but not in those damned tea bags. I would have thought a hotel like that would have made it axiomatic to have served a variety of loose leaf teas.

All I know is that I could not get a good cup of coffee when I was there. Cafe Americano should not be an esspresso with a bunch of added steamed water.

You'd better update the Wikipedia page then: :-)

" Caffè Americano , or Americano (English: American coffee) is a style of coffee prepared by adding hot water to espresso ..."

Seriously though, I was always under the impression that's what an Americano was. What do you think it is if not that?

Amusing, in a way. As for coffee, almost always smells better than it tastes. Espresso or nothing for me on the coffee front.

I'm the same way. Coffee beans are one of my favorite smells in the world but I can't stand the drink. Every now and then I'll gulp down an espresso, but only very rarely.