• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
looseleftie

Ball landed in lake (no water in there), red stakes around OOB area.. I hit my ball from basin of lake and give myself a penalty stroke, is this correct?

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

Played yesterday, and landed in a waterless/drained lake.The lake has been drained, and I can get to my ball quite easily.. The lake is marked with red stakes, and I chip ball out of area.. I give myself a penalty shot for this.. I landed in the lake on my second shot, not off the tee obviously, so my chip out of lake was then my fourth shot (inc one stroke penalty)..

New to golf, and thought I was doing the correct thing, is this the case.. If not what may I have done here.

Thank you in advance for any help here.

Cheers

Looseleftie

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

No need to add a penalty. You can play a ball from a hazard. You can't ground your club or move loose impediments or some other things, though.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No need to add a penalty. You can play a ball from a hazard. You can't ground your club or move loose impediments or some other things, though.

What do you mean by 'some other things' ?

What do you mean by 'some other things' ?

I was on my phone, so I was being brief, but "test the condition" is another thing that I didn't specifically list.

I was on my phone, so I was being brief, but "test the condition" is another thing that I didn't specifically list.

Ok. I asked because I read your post ' move loose impediments or (move) some other things' and was wondering what could be a 'thing' that cannot be moved apart from LI's.

Ok. I asked because I read your post 'move loose impediments or (move) some other things' and was wondering what could be a 'thing' that cannot be moved apart from LI's.

And I typed it as "a OR b OR c" but I could have added "do" as in "or do some other things."