IGNORED

Putter

DoubleBogey
Note: This thread is 6114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have my putter that is 20+ years old now it was my fathers and was giving it when i started etc im used to it very much having playing with it for a long time but its not in the best of condictions etc and i have money to get a new putter....i duno if i should get get a new one with me being so used to it what would u do

Doesn't cost too much to throw a new grip on it, and it'll feel basically new. If you hit well with it, who cares if it's 50 years or 50 minutes old.

I agree, if you putt we'll with it I'd just have it regripped. When I just got into golf and played a few times a year my grandfather gave me a putter. Since then I've spent some money on clubs, and easily could afford to toss a new putter in the bag, but this one works for me, so why fix it if it ain't broke?

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

The putter is the worst thing you can mess with. I lost my favorite putter a couple years ago (I think it was stolen actually) and I have never found a putter to replace the feel. I've tried blades, mallets, old-school blades, weighted ones... It's just not the same.

At least in my case, the putter is a very tricky club to get right.

Driver: r7 10.5*
3W: Black Ti
Irons: CG Gold
Wedges: 54*, Acuity 60*
Putter: Copperhead bladeBall: NXT-Tour

I'm using an old & basic blade putter that I picked up with my first starter set six years ago. I'm quite used to it but am thinking about upgrading to a new one with some new technology that can help me sink more pars and even birdies. I'm looking at putters with rolled faces to get the ball rolling sooner, larger sweet spots to help me with any of my off center strokes, and alignment aids to help me aim better.

Since putting is a big part of our final scores, you may want to look into upgrading to a new flat stick as well.

Note: This thread is 6114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!