IGNORED

My Swing (Lihu)

Lihu
Note: This thread is 1535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's up to you, how often you want to post videos. But, I still maintain that you should film something every time you practice, so you can monitor your own progress.

Good idea, it's also much easier for me to do now.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's up to you, how often you want to post videos. But, I still maintain that you should film something every time you practice, so you can monitor your own progress.

Well said

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 1 month later...

Re-posted:

Just updated my handicap spreadsheet.

Joining the league in a couple months, and I need to be as accurate as possible before officially giving them my handicap. Got my monthly pass for the course so I can play regularly at the league course.

Just revised my handicap to 14.6 from a 15.1 and my anti handicap of 18.7. My anti handicap spiked up to 19.75 because I played to a 23.2 at Encinitas Ranch and roughly an 18.33 handicap at Whispering woods. I played a bunch of rounds at my home course in the mornings to offset this upward trend.

My latest thing is to play the golds. I feel like a rank beginner again from these tees, but it gives me opportunity to use other clubs. It helps build some confidence as well. I also am planning the reverse as well. Play the White, Blue and Gold Tees. Maybe I'll even have opportunity to play the reds if I get partnered with lady golfers that play from those tees.

My handicap trend does show the progress I seem to be making with my clubs. I feel way more solid hitting balls as of my last lesson with Mike at Erie. Some of that material has finally started to sink in. Getting another lesson for my son and myself this or the following week.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Re-posted:

Just updated my handicap spreadsheet.

Joining the league in a couple months, and I need to be as accurate as possible before officially giving them my handicap. Got my monthly pass for the course so I can play regularly at the league course.

Just revised my handicap to 14.6 from a 15.1 and my anti handicap of 18.7. My anti handicap spiked up to 19.75 because I played to a 23.2 at Encinitas Ranch and roughly an 18.33 handicap at Whispering woods. I played a bunch of rounds at my home course in the mornings to offset this upward trend.

My latest thing is to play the golds. I feel like a rank beginner again from these tees, but it gives me opportunity to use other clubs. It helps build some confidence as well. I also am planning the reverse as well. Play the White, Blue and Gold Tees. Maybe I'll even have opportunity to play the reds if I get partnered with lady golfers that play from those tees.

My handicap trend does show the progress I seem to be making with my clubs. I feel way more solid hitting balls as of my last lesson with Mike at Erie. Some of that material has finally started to sink in. Getting another lesson for my son and myself this or the following week.

Good to hear... :beer:

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Good to hear...

Thanks, and in a couple months I hope to have an official GHIN number and club/league membership.

These guys are real sticklers for accurate handicaps, I hear they slice you up if you sand bag by so much as one stroke. :scared:

Vanity cappers are just tar and feathered. :-$

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• 2 weeks later...
Brookside 1 9/15/2014 Blue 0 95 72.9 130 19.21 18.4416 13.93067289 18.99048938
Brookside 1 9/16/2014 Blue 0 91 72.9 130 15.73307692 15.10375385 13.92591439 18.6281137
Mangrove Bay

9/18/2014

White 0 91 69.1 119 20.79579832 19.96396639 13.92591439 18.16072729
TPC Tampa 9/19/2014 Blue 0 99 72.3 132 22.85681818 21.94254545 14.05392696 18.83984795
Brookside 1 9/22/2014 Blue 0 89 72.9 130 13.99461538 13.43483077 13.92137069 18.83984795

The last five rounds played over this last week. Last two columns are the handicap and the anti-handicap.

This was a really long week with travel. It was pretty tiring, and I even worked 8 hours on Thursday and Friday.

I am enjoying my game, even though I lost 7 balls on the TPC Tampa course. I only lost one on Mangrove Bay. This is a pretty rainy season for FL and the ground was really wet. The people I played with said many times that you expect at least 20 or more yards off the tee.

If I can continue to improve my Key 2 and at the same time not hit hooks on my approaches, it's possible to get to a solid 14 handicap. This could help me convert two or three 15 to 20 yard misses to GIR. I also blade too many chips.

The other curious thing is that TPC Tampa is a way harder course than Brookside 1 and yet the ratings don't really show it. There's lateral water on 15 holes at TPC Tampa and Mangrove had something like 10 including the large stream sized puddles.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

It seems like I'm stuck at my current level (shooting to about a 12-13 differential) until I get my ball striking to the next level. My irons are usable, but I would like more consistency and distance from them. I think they need to be lengthened about an inch or so to fit me so I stop thinning them. If I look at the clubs there is a dark spot in the middle and bottom of the club face.

Talked to three club fitters, and two of them said I needed an inch more on the club and one of them said they were the right length (maybe even too long). It seems that my arms are relatively short compared to my shoulder width and torso length, so longer clubs appear to be in order. Not sure if simply taking the majority opinion is such a great idea, so I did a little experiment by gripping the clubs right beyond the butt end, and the shots were much more comfortable. I was also surprised that I could hit the balls with only three fingers in contact on the lead arm, because my lead hand pinky is not in contact with the club. Even so, the shots were much cleaner.

Plan to add a shaft butt extender to lengthen my 6i an inch and test that out. If it works, I'll update the entire set.

It seems like the mystery as to why my MP32 are more comfortable to hit than the MP52 is also finding an answer. The MP52 are about 0.25" to 0.5" shorter than the MP32.

Wood and hybrids after I get irons settled. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator
I think they need to be lengthened about an inch or so to fit me so I stop thinning them. If I look at the clubs there is a dark spot in the middle and bottom of the club face.

You don't need an extra inch. It was a quick fix for you. You will thin longer clubs if you keep pulling your elbows apart. I can hit my kid's clubs flush if I use them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You don't need an extra inch. It was a quick fix for you. You will thin longer clubs if you keep pulling your elbows apart.

I can hit my kid's clubs flush if I use them.

That's pretty much what's happening. The long clubs are the ones that are thinning, and at the heel/hosel. PW to 7i seem okay.

That might also explain the sporadic behavior of my driver.

I'll work on the other drill Mike gave me to keep my elbows together before and after impact. I'll need to post some more recent videos.

Thanks for the observation.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

You don't need an extra inch. It was a quick fix for you. You will thin longer clubs if you keep pulling your elbows apart.

Yep, it's the indian, not the arrow ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Yep, it's the indian, not the arrow

The elbows together thing actually worked. Made an unprecedented number of GIR from some pretty awkward places, just being more conscious of doing it in the practice swings.

So, now all I need to do*** it to practice it until it's ingrained into my swing with all the other stuff (like key 2).

Thanks.

***Like it's going to be easy. :doh:

So, why is something that seems to be so easy to do (like a golf swing), so hard?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator

So, why is something that seems to be so easy to do (like a golf swing), so hard?

First, I disagree: a golf swing is not easy. We've gotta hit a ball five feet away from us or longer within about a few degrees and 1/8th of an inch or so with a clubhead traveling 80+ MPH well enough to get a ball into a 4.25" hole 400 yards away with all manner of shit in the way.

Second: pulling your elbows apart is nothing new. You've worked on it in virtually every lesson you've ever had with @mvmac . :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

First, I disagree: a golf swing is not easy. We've gotta hit a ball five feet away from us or longer within about a few degrees and 1/8th of an inch or so with a clubhead traveling 80+ MPH well enough to get a ball into a 4.25" hole 400 yards away with all manner of shit in the way.

Second: pulling your elbows apart is nothing new. You've worked on it in virtually every lesson you've ever had with @mvmac. :)

Yeah, I know. :doh:

But, I have some hope that I can work it out now. I also shoot about 10 strokes or more lower since I started with @mvmac

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Yeah, I know.

But, I have some hope that I can work it out now. I also shoot about 10 strokes or more lower since I started with @mvmac

And you can keep lowering those scores. Stay focused on your pieces and finish the LSW book :-)

Mike McLoughlin

And you can keep lowering those scores. Stay focused on your pieces and finish the LSW book

Will do. :beer:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I really need to take some videos, because my drives and other clubs are much easier to hit than previously. I injured my lead hand index finger flexion. It hurts if I use my hands to guide the motion of the club. So, I turn my body and let my arms follow the motion like I should. Going to focus on this feel, and video the shots. No more slices from my Cobra driver! First time since getting fitted on the simulator, and I get my 20 yards extra distance without a slice on 20 holes played today. Wish I didn't declare them practice holes.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I really need to take some videos, because my drives and other clubs are much easier to hit than previously. I injured my lead hand index finger flexion. It hurts if I use my hands to guide the motion of the club. So, I turn my body and let my arms follow the motion like I should.

Going to focus on this feel, and video the shots.

No more slices from my Cobra driver! First time since getting fitted on the simulator, and I get my 20 yards extra distance without a slice on 20 holes played today. Wish I didn't declare them practice holes.

Sounds like you need to keep that finger injured ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Sounds like you need to keep that finger injured ;-)

One of my playing partners joked about that. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 1535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!