IGNORED

Best amateur event you ever played in?

Golf-A-Million
Note: This thread is 3798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is the best, most enjoyable amateur golf event that you have ever played in?

Or is there an amateur event that you would love to play in?

I am looking for a once in a lifetime event to play in next year that will give me a buzz

Oooh and one that you don't have to qualify for (As I'm a 14 handicap) lol

I've never played in this but have heard good things from those who have.  Open to all USGA handicap levels.

http://www.worldamgolf.com/

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour
 :odyssey: White Ice 330, 33in  :aimpoint:    :true_linkswear:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've never played in this but have heard good things from those who have.  Open to all USGA handicap levels.

http://www.worldamgolf.com/

Yes from the website it looks great. The only thing I don't like about it is the amount of golfers. Not exactly exclusive and 3000-1 shot to win it.

I would prefer something with less than 150 players.

If you have the extra cash, this would qualify as exclusive.

http://humanachallenge.com/Humana-Challenge-Pro-Am

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour
 :odyssey: White Ice 330, 33in  :aimpoint:    :true_linkswear:

The GCSAA championship in Palm Springs California. 400 plus golfers, 4 courses ..4 rounds (27 holes in 3 days) No cut, just a lot of fun in the desert. Would play 18 than drive to next course and play 9 holes. Fun fun fun fun fun and tons of golf and played with a new group every round. (2 man best ball score (handicapped) and single scratch tourney / daily skins and fun on course games all in one) A little pricey, but one I won't forget it. Maybe after son gets older i will play again in my lifetime

Like working on the swing,,score means nothing to me. Might just go to the range and give up playing... ( might happen)

There is an Amateur World Cup of Golf event in Ireland for the last 2 years.

In 2012 it was a 4 person team event and in 2013 it was a Pairs event. I played in it the first year with 3 friends and it was great fun as they organised the food, pubs as well as the golf so we all went out on the beer each night and I had friends from India, South Africa, America by the end of the week.

www.worldcupofgolf.com is the website and I think they have one planned for both Pairs and Singles for 2014 as I emailed them about a week ago. A really great event if you want to play great courses in Ireland and also experience the food, drink and all that is Ireland.

Id have loved to be picked for the Mizuno Play Famously event. LOL  Seriously though, Ive considering doing the Golf Channel Am Tour and I recently attending an outing the was held by another golf forum and it was a lot of fun.  It was cool to be able to finally put faces to names you see on a computer screen every day.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I just joined the Connecticut Amateur Tour.....they have frequent dates, even two this coming week since the weather has been

so warm in the NE.

http://www.ctamtour.com/

I do MGA play days in southeast New York...lots of fun. Stapleford gross and net scoring.

Aside from Club Championships....

The most fun events I played in were the "Pilkington Cup" matches hosted by the Columbus District Golf Association in Ohio.  I participated in a few of these in the 1990s. The best players at each private golf club formed 4-man teams, and then we went head-to-head against other member clubs.  Roughly 20 clubs went head to head in competition.  The format was always different..... stableford, scramble, best ball, match play.....we played them all.  My team was never close to winning, but we sure had fun!!

I was always my team anchor..........  (not in a good way)   Most clubs entered 2 teams.  My club entered 2 teams....I was on the B team from my club...and I was the anchor.  HEHE...I sure had fun competing though!  I was one of the weakest players in the event....  I played against Rod Spittle once in this event.......LOL   Do any of you know who he is?  .....yea, he kicked my AZZ.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I always have the best fun in the Member-Guest tournaments. Although the state amateur tournaments are also great to play in. Both VA and MD have spring and summer A-Team matches, which are two man fourballs, 11 top players at the club and the pro versus another CC in the state, very much a good time.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

i just signed up for my first Am event with the GCAT (golf channel amateur tour) will be at the Talega GC on January 12th. i'll let ya know how it is. i've heard good things

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

i just signed up for my first Am event with the GCAT (golf channel amateur tour) will be at the Talega GC on January 12th. i'll let ya know how it is. i've heard good things

Excellent! That's my tour too. :). And Talega is my home course. Unfortunately I will miss this year due to a non golf obligation, however I'm playing next week at Pelican Hill and plan on playing Jan 26 at Monarch, and hopefully even Pelican Hill again in February. It's a lot if fun ... I think you'll like it. Which flight are you in?? (I'm Hogan)

Excellent! That's my tour too. :). And Talega is my home course. Unfortunately I will miss this year due to a non golf obligation, however I'm playing next week at Pelican Hill and plan on playing Jan 26 at Monarch, and hopefully even Pelican Hill again in February. It's a lot if fun ... I think you'll like it. Which flight are you in?? (I'm Hogan)

Im in the sarazen flight. and i signed up for Talega, Monarch, and Tukwet Canyon. I'm about to sign up for the western masters before it sells out . ​will see you at Monarch, I'm starting my lessons this week. so I'm hoping that will help me out. If my handicap gets lower do i move up during the season or next season?

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Im in the sarazen flight. and i signed up for Talega, Monarch, and Tukwet Canyon. I'm about to sign up for the western masters before it sells out . ​will see you at Monarch, I'm starting my lessons this week. so I'm hoping that will help me out. If my handicap gets lower do i move up during the season or next season?

Once you have 4 tourney rounds under your belt you have a tour index comprised exclusively of those rounds. Only when that index drops below the threshold do you get bumped up. Also you can only compete in one division above your usga index. For example, my usga cap is 7.5, but I'm in hogan because my tourney index is 10-something. As long as I stay at 7.5, I can never play in a flight worse than hogan.

Once you have 4 tourney rounds under your belt you have a tour index comprised exclusively of those rounds. Only when that index drops below the threshold do you get bumped up. Also you can only compete in one division above your usga index. For example, my usga cap is 7.5, but I'm in hogan because my tourney index is 10-something. As long as I stay at 7.5, I can never play in a flight worse than hogan.

oh cool. thank you. ya i entered my last 8 rounds in there so they gave me an index of 13.2 i think. my name is kyle hosch by the way. message me any time on here and i can't wait to see ya out on the course

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Note: This thread is 3798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!