• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boogielicious

Should I trust Golfsmith to check and adjust loft and lie?

4 posts in this topic

I don't feel like driving the hour to have my fitter do it.  Anyone have bad or good experience with them?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I would imagine that this particular operation doesn't require the same master's touch that you would want in a fitting. Put it on the gauge, check it, adjust if necessary, done. I wouldn't need a master carpenter to measure a 2x4 for example.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was having trouble with my 7 iron distances so took 6-8 irons to GS to have lofts checked. Tech found only 1 degree difference between 6 and 7 (which is what I suspected).

But the tech wanted to adjust all three to match modern lofts (these blades are 30+ years old and thus properly set about a club weaker). After I explained this, the tech was happy to adjust loft on only the club that was off, the 7 iron, to my spec.

He also noticed that the lie on the 6 iron didn't match the range of the others and adjusted this.

In short, know what spec you want and GS techs will be very competent to give good service in my experience.