IGNORED

Paul Azinger - golf channel Academy

Note: This thread is 3707 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here is Freddie another super strong grip suggesting a weaker grip for higher shots.The super strong grip for the short game is not recommended as Dave Pelz points out.I think Azinger has found a way to accommodate this.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Here is Freddie another super strong grip suggesting a weaker grip for higher shots.The super strong grip for the short game is not recommended as Dave Pelz points out.I think Azinger has found a way to accommodate this.

Because a strong grip encourages the handle to be forward… as I said (and the opposite of what you said).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Because a strong grip encourages the handle to be forward… as I said (and the opposite of what you said).

It is only fair to mention that Azinger has a super strong grip since most people don't ,I think we can agree on that and how this grip impacts the short game.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

• Administrator

It is only fair to mention that Azinger has a super strong grip since most people don't ,I think we can agree on that and how this grip impacts the short game.

Since the only thing you've said about how it affects the short game is that a strong grip promotes the handle being back (the opposite is more true), I don't think we can agree to that yet at all, no.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Here we have Azinger at about the :50 sec mark referring to an "artificial" set up.Again, if it works ,great,but I would be careful with it.

He says the heel is shaved down-The Bounce-so he stands the club up to use a little more bounce on the toe. Ray Floyd also said to get as close to the ball as possible-And stood the club up quite a bit too.[quote name="freedrop" url="/t/71877/paul-azinger-golf-channel-academy/54#post_948539"]Here we have Azinger at about the :50 sec mark referring to an "artificial" set up.Again, if it works ,great,but I would be careful with it. [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

• 4 weeks later...
Saw it...was a bit shocked he threw of on pro's, probably didn't mean to but none the less did. I tweeted him out it and he called me a troll. Thanks Paul real class. I thought segment was good otherwise. I even noted tv can be tough!

Note: This thread is 3707 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!