or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who is @freedrop

post #1 of 76
Thread Starter 
I dunno bout the rest of ya but Im getting tired of @freedrop givin out advice and we dont know a thing about him except that he cant look at pictures and admit he was wrong about stuff.

Who are you-dont need a name, but details about your actual handicap,Where you play, What you shoot, etc.

Cuz otherways I dont see any reason to let you continue to try'n help people when you dont ever seem to give good advice.

Maybe @mvmac and icas will not like me for sayin it but there I said it.
post #2 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McGleno View Post

I dunno bout the rest of ya but Im getting tired of @freedrop givin out advice and we dont know a thing about him except that he cant look at pictures and admit he was wrong about stuff.

Who are you-dont need a name, but details about your actual handicap,Where you play, What you shoot, etc.

Cuz otherways I dont see any reason to let you continue to try'n help people when you dont ever seem to give good advice.

Maybe @mvmac and icas will not like me for sayin it but there I said it.

 

I'm with you on that. Nothing wrong with having different opinions but when one of the instructors is giving somebody advice on a 'My Swing" thread I can't see the point in coming behind the instructor and giving opposite advice.

 

I don't know if he is trying unsuccessfully to help those guys or if he is trying his best to mess them up.

 

Common sense tells me there is no way a person could be that wrong that many times in a row.

post #3 of 76

What I post is what I believe, if what I post on the "my swing" threads is not wanted I will stop.

post #4 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

What I post is what I believe, if what I post on the "my swing" threads is not wanted I will stop.

 

How do you know what you  "Believe" is true..?

post #5 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post

What I post is what I believe, if what I post on the "my swing" threads is not wanted I will stop.

You still won't answer the question of what your actual skill level is and or show anyone your actual swing. Why is that? If I were you I would not to post in people's threads until I had established that credibility. You won't though and continue to ignore the requests. So you are probably a troll looking for a little attention(poor guy), or you are the least observant person in the history of this site. Either way I think most people here are done with you.
post #6 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

 

How do you know what you  "Believe" is true..?

Has someone found the secret to the golf swing? What I write I believe to be true and is not at all removed from you will find written by others.What I write is completely orthodox just not commonly said.I quote the top people in golf and I'm still disparaged.

post #7 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

Has someone found the secret to the golf swing? What I write I believe to be true and is not at all removed from you will find written by others.What I write is completely orthodox just not commonly said.I quote the top people in golf and I'm still disparaged.

You believe this to be true because it has helped you with your golf swing? 

 

If so please show us. We could all use the help.

post #8 of 76
Free I think most people want to know who they are taking advice from. When Erik post his advice for players we can look up who he is and see his credentials. There is so much bad or wrong info out there. People on this site have learned to question a lot of golf knowledge. Most old school teaching has been proven wrong. If you want to contribute to this site cool. Just let us know who you are and give us a reason to trust your suggestions.
post #9 of 76

Mine is not the only voice outside of the admin. that is offering advice.I assume I am addressing thinking golf informed adults.If they don't like what I write ignore it.

post #10 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McGleno View Post

I dunno bout the rest of ya but Im getting tired of @freedrop givin out advice and we dont know a thing about him except that he cant look at pictures and admit he was wrong about stuff.

Who are you-dont need a name, but details about your actual handicap,Where you play, What you shoot, etc.

Cuz otherways I dont see any reason to let you continue to try'n help people when you dont ever seem to give good advice.

Maybe @mvmac and icas will not like me for sayin it but there I said it.


I've asked nicely, several times, for a bit of background, but he refuses to provide that courtesy. As such, I disregard any of his posts that attempt to provide any kind of advice, analysis, or instruction.

I'd also encourage others take his comments with the same grain of salt. Advice from someone unqualified to give it can result in a lot more harm than good.
post #11 of 76
And...he continues to ignore the question.
post #12 of 76

I will wait for admin. to say stop posting on the "my swing" thread and abide by it.

post #13 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

I will wait for admin. to say stop posting on the "my swing" thread and abide by it.


You give me flashbacks of the idiots that never made it past Little League that tell the kids that the high school coach is teaching them the wrong hitting mechanics.

 

Usually ends up getting them run out of the ball park.

post #14 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McGleno View Post

Who are you-dont need a name, but details about your actual handicap,Where you play, What you shoot, etc.

 

Good you said you don't need a name because that'd be pretty hypocritical.:-P

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

You still won't answer the question of what your actual skill level is and or show anyone your actual swing. Why is that?

 

I got a PM from someone that suggested I make it a "rule" that you have to have a "My Swing" thread before you can give advice. I haven't replied yet (soon! I promise!) but I generally don't care for that because I know of a few good instructors - @david_wedzik would be one such example - who would be restricted from posting by such a rule (I am kind of a stickler about applying rules as evenly as possible).

 

So I don't think we need to "see" his swing (particularly if there are snow-capped Austrian mountains in the background…), but what we do need is some sort of credibility.

 

Quoting what other pros say they do does absolutely nothing to establish credibility.

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

If I were you I would not to post in people's threads until I had established that credibility.

 

FWIW, I didn't establish my credibility by quoting others. I established it by knowing good information and being able to convey it myself, in my words, to the golfer. I established it by being able to prioritize, not just pointing out the 27 things I see wrong. I established it by being able to admit when I was wrong and improve, on the spot, my knowledge base, which I'm thirsty to keep growing.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

I've asked nicely, several times, for a bit of background, but he refuses to provide that courtesy.

 

Here you go, @freedrop: please share with us your credentials.

 

Why should anyone listen to anything you have to say, if all you have to say is to quote other people?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

I'd also encourage others take his comments with the same grain of salt. Advice from someone unqualified to give it can result in a lot more harm than good.

 

The problem is that unsuspecting or new members who don't read every post like many of us will have no idea whose advice to take, and my fear - as a guy that cares about helping golfers get better - is that people will take advice that they get and go down the wrong path.

 

I don't dislike you, @freedrop, because you "disagree" with me. I dislike you because you just post random stuff, you don't respond to reasonable posts (or videos, or pictures) that point out how your stuff is possibly not the best information, and because, at the end of the day, I feel that you're hurting the golfers I care about.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

I will wait for admin. to say stop posting on the "my swing" thread and abide by it.

 

I'm not going to say that. But I will ask that you share your credentials.

post #15 of 76
Quote:

I'm not going to say that. But I will ask that you share your credentials.

My credentials are the same as any other non-pro who posts his opinions on this forum.

post #16 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

My credentials are the same as any other non-pro who posts his opinions on this forum.

 

So a non-answer.

 

Answer this one then: Why should anyone listen to anything you have to say, if all you have to say is to quote other people?

post #17 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

My credentials are the same as any other non-pro who posts his opinions on this forum.

Well there, that answers the questions posed.  :doh:

post #18 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

So a non-answer.

 

Answer this one then: Why should anyone listen to anything you have to say, if all you have to say is to quote other people?

There is no reason to listen to me .I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips