IGNORED

New Golf World article on advances in golf stats

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ten years after ShotLink transformed the stats game, the data revolution is ready to take on new ground. (Are you ready for strokes gained/tee to green?)

http://www.golfdigest.com/golfworld/2014-01/gwar-shotlink-feature-david-barrett-0113?printable=true

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

From that article:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

From that article:

Interesting seeing Garcia in the strokes gained putting list. It's early, will be interesting to see how he does as the year progresses.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Interesting to see the different groupings. The players in the "longer" groups such as: Tee to green Driving Outside 100 yards Were far more successful last year (especially the outside 100 group) And they say it's all about the short game :)

• Administrator

And they say it's all about the short game :)

They're wrong. Good reading here:

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ya, I was joking when I said that. I will have a look at that link in detail later but I've seen similar studies and I buy into them. Thanks for the link. Edit: that's the exact article I read previously, the 2008 date threw me, I read it 6 months ago and thought it was a more recent study.

Crazy to see just how much better Tiger is in his approach shots.  He's almost 50% better than the next best.  And more than 50% better than 5th ranked player.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Note: This thread is 3753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!