IGNORED

More than one set/driver you put in play

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 6104 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do you have a back up set or driver or a few that you choose from or just one set that you stick with all the time?

I've always kept 1 set in play and stuck with. Thinking about buying another set of irons and a driver.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

I can't afford having any back-up clubs. But if I was rich I would probably have 2-PW Irons, Driver, a couple of hybrids and fairwaywoods with diffrent lofts, a couple of wedges with diffrent lofts and a putter. That'd be about 20 clubs. Why would you have two of the same is my question? are you going berserk after every double-bogey breaking your sticks or something?
In my bag:
Driver: : D2 8.5°
fairway wood: 906 15°
Hybrid: 585H 19°
Irons: 4-PW 695MBWedges: 52° 56° & 60° CG12Putter: Bettinardi C-Series (Carbon Steel)Ball: Pro V1x

I only have one set. I can afford backup clubs, but what for? If I'm a good player, then unless I'm playing a tournament in difficult conditions, my normal driver or sand wedge should be just as good as any other for a typical practice/recreational round. If I'm a bad player, I could have my local golf shop's entire inventory at my disposal and it wouldn't make any difference.

I say pick an iron set, some wedges, woods, driver, and a putter and stick with them.

Driver: SasQuatch 10.5°, Stiff Flex
Woods: Grand Slam 3-wood & 5-wood
Irons: TPS 7.0 3I-PW
Wedges: 56° sand wedge & 60° lob wedge
Putter: White Hot #6

ya no doubt, i only have one good driver, and a shitty set to begin with. I cant afford backups... :S
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Do you have a back up set or driver or a few that you choose from or just one set that you stick with all the time?

I can't afford to have many backup clubs. Sometimes I'll hit a Big Bertha Warbird or a persimmon club out of the tee box for old time's sake, or I'll use the Bullseye putter, but that's about it, really. The only thing I need to fix my bag is a better 3 wood (I am thinking the Burner, since its face is wider and more forgiving on toe hits.)

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I have my trusty set of pingeye2+ and and second set for practice & back up's, it was my set from HS and collage, they were showing the wear and saw a newer looking set on e-bay and swooped them up... my driver is the same thing too... I have 2 which are the same with one having a longer shaft which is my main one and kills the ball.... needless to say its not a 500.00 model, but will go further than one....lol
my practice set I keep in my service truck so I can sneek off at lunch or get off early and get in some holes or practice before dinner...
Team Santa Cruz, CA......

SPONSORS......
PING
FOOTJOYPAY-PAL VISABLUE CRUSH SPORTFISHING

I switch out wedges and long irons/hybrids depending on the weather. If it's going to be really windy, I probably won't be hitting a lot of 60 degree wedges so take it out and put my two iron back in the bag. I used to have a 2nd driver (Callaway ERC fusion) but I hardly used it so I traded it in toward some new shoes.

Hi-Bore XLS Tour Driver
Steelhead III: 3 Wood
Bobby Jones Jesse Ortiz Hybrid
i3+: 3-9 Irons
Vokey Black Nickel: PW, 52, 56, 60 Bettinardi A-02 Putter NXT Tour

I had a Adams Ovation driver, that I never hit well all of my "beginning stages" as a golf last year...so my dad and i went the "cheap" route and got a snake eyes driver put together with a winn grip and grafalloy(sp?) shaft. I was so excited when I got it, but I NEVER hit it well at all. I stuck with that for 3 months, got frustrated, as it was WORSE then my other driver.(would also like to state that it is only a 425cc) So, my dad was like, "fine, for your birthday I'll get you a Ping g5" and I've never really used the Snake Eyes since. I've been having some struggles with my G5 lately, so I'm thinking of taking a few rounds off with it, hitting the snake eyes, then go back to the Ping once I get my swing back. (Snake eyes is lighter, and easier to control, has a shorter shaft as well)

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I think the topic was mis-understood. I dont mean incase you break a club or lose it and i dont mean more than one of the same club. There are lots of reasons to have different sets and lots of people do. Im just saying I've always liked the 983k driver even though its not high end. Was just thinking maybe if Im on a short course and i want to work the ball i'll put it in play over my Cobra. Or if its windy a lower trajectory woould be helpful. I wasnt thinking high end equipment just sort of an old trusty you can go back to if your not hitting your driver or irons well.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

4 complete sets of irons-1 for sale.
2 sets of heads, shafts and grips to build in the off season
5 drivers
8- 3 woods
7- hybrids
3- wedge sets
Too many miscelaneous different wedges, putters & irons to list

Yeah so what!

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

4 complete sets of irons-1 for sale.

You know, Mason isn't that far away. If you'll let go of that extra stuff for pretty cheap let me know what you've got...

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

You know, Mason isn't that far away. If you'll let go of that extra stuff for pretty cheap let me know what you've got...

What ya looking for? BUT I'm not going to give it away.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Drivers = 4 personal + 4 Nakashima HTEC driver heads (8.5, 9.5, 10.5 and 11.5) - As of today 36 different shafts that can be used

Fairway Woods = 6 personal + 2 staff bags full of demos

Hybrids = 5 personal + 1 sm staff bag full of demos

Irons = 4 personal sets (the demo's are just 6 irons)

Wedges = 5 personal + 9 demos

Putters = 6 personal but down from 16 a year ago

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6104 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!