IGNORED

Do certain styles of putter help certain swing paths?

Note: This thread is 3744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a number 9 style putter and i only have a little bit of arc in my swing the putter style is sopposedly better for a player with a strong arc. I put better with this style putter than any other putter head shape... is it really all preference or does it help some people to get a putter head shape that in theory helps there game.

Bag::ogio: Chamber cart bag

Driver: :tmade: TaylorMade Burner 

3 Wood::adams: Adams Speedline Super S

Hybrid::adams: Adams Idea a3OS Boxer 

Irons: :tmade: TaylorMade Burner Plus 

Wedges::callaway: Forged wedges

Putter::ping: Scottsdale

I find #9 good when I feel like using the back of the arm to putt like backstroke I like practice putting with one arm. The plumber necks look better when I stroke it with just forehand
  • Upvote 1

Style --

How about characteristics?

Typically, a face balanced or toe down putters that maybe go down to 4:30, or a center shaft will go well with slight arcing paths.

A putter that when held straight out with a finger or two balancing the shaft and the toe pointing straight down or near straight down have traditional been what is called a strong arc style of head.

I prefer the putter that keeps your putter head square to the path -- there is no manipulation with the wrists or hands -- I call it "handless."

I try to take out the hands when I putt. Heck, I try to take out the right hand when I putt... (Ima Rightie)

What I've found is that I putt well with a heel-shafted putter that is face balanced or at 4:30 when I'm on the living room carpet.

On the course, I need a putter with heft to quiet the nerves that can take over when we're having .... fun?

So I may add weight to my toe down 34.5 inch Edel putter, or go with my

Gargantuan 38 inch face balanced Bobby Grace counter balanced putter with tungsten weights that I grip like a 34.5 inch putter.

C'est depends....

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3744 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!