• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
benbrendel

Trying to get to the bottom of this…

benbrendel    0
So I played a quick 9 holes in the cold today. I used the FootJoy winter gloves on each hand. I have played dozens of rounds this winter wearing them. For some reason, I play great in these gloves. My ball striking is so much better. My playing partner and I talked about it after the round because he had noticed the improvement in my game when I wear the gloves as well. I have not tried playing with 2 "normal" gloves on yet to see if that produced the same improvement in my game. Does anyone have any ideas on what this would mean for my game? I'm trying to figure out what this would mean/why it happening so I can figure out what my deficiency is. Thanks for your help!

Might have something to do with your grip size/hands & fingers. Have you tried a mid size grip or larger grip? The gloves may be acting giving extra cushion the you could gain from a larger grip. I have a friend that dropped 4 shots after increasing his grip size. May or may not be the case with you but worth investigation

ay33660    34

I wonder if your grip pressure is less with two gloves?

And also with the colder weather you are not swinging "as hard".

benbrendel    0
Interesting, when you don't use the winter gloves what do you usually wear if anything.

I wear a Mizuno retroflex cabretta leather glove on my left hand, and nothing on my right.

tomvk77    10

Well back in 2012 Joost Luiten ( European Tour Pro ) won the Iskander Johor Open he used 2 gloves also.

Because off the high temperature and the humidity.

What i'm trying to say, if you play better with 2 gloves, just do so.

ctcampbell    0

I wonder if your grip pressure is less with two gloves?

And also with the colder weather you are not swinging "as hard".

I've played with those gloves and they are certainly thick enough to cause a reduced grip pressure.

I play with two gloves and find that it is just easier on my hands though I've have some friends that say it looks "hackerish" which I don't get. Go figure when I played baseball in college I didn't wear gloves I find that the shear number of swings that I take in golf dry out my hands very quickly and being that my bottom hand is my dominant hand I use non taper grips and wear a glove I find it really help me. I just think that it is personal preference and whatever works go with that.

Spitfisher    38
My immediate thought to the OP was that he is gripping the club softer with his grip and gloves. A soft grip will enable you to hinge at impact as well as relaxed muscles in the arms.......all of which is desirable for a fluid swing, great ball striking and fluid tempo. I stopped wearing a glove all together, I like the feel and remind myself to have soft hands.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this