IGNORED

Questions about TT Lite XL and Multi-step Lite, and cheap shafts in general

jscomp
Note: This thread is 3718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mod: Incredibly rude portions (over two paragraphs worth, and the type that resulted in the initial two-day visit to the Penalty Box) were removed. Seriously dude, grow up. Even if you are right, you don't have to behave like a jerk. Your BEHAVIOR is why you were banned; not for any other reason.

I called True Temper (despite knowing how stupid and borderline insulting the question is since the answer should be obvious to rational people). They confirmed what I've been saying: the Feather Flight is not a relabeled Multi Step Lite, but a lighter weight variation. It also has a slightly different bend point. The same goes for most OEM shafts--they're variations on established designs.

Anyway, I'll answer the 1 person who at least tried to make a reasonable case for the Feather Flight = relabeled Multi Step Lite theory:

Originally Posted by WUTiger

Ladies and gentlemen...

Let's not get into a war over one entry in the humongous spreadsheet of shafts and their measures. Sometimes the data points don't match up from source to source.

At the GolfWorks school, we got an 11" x 17" laminated sheet - two sided - which classified all the shafts by their 4-digit MPF (Maltby Playability Factor) code. The sheet included 165 variations (A, R, S, X) across iron shaft models alone. If you look in the catalogs such as GolfWorks puts out, you'll find details on each flex variation of a shaft. Tip and butt thickness; raw weight, torque; tip stiffness; and kickpoint/bendpoint or launch profile.

For iron shafts, that's up to 6 datapoints x 165 shafts.... Possibly there's a chance for discrepancies from source to source.

The catalogs and the OEM shaftmaker site's specs tables usually match up. The club manufacturer's catalogs, however, sometimes vary from the shaftmaker posted specs. Callaway or TaylorMade might say a shaft has a medium launch, while the TT site says it has a low launch. Or, the shaft weights might vary by 5 to 10 grams.

If you find a serious data difference between source A and source B, phone or e-mail someone to get it straightened out. Or, talk to a manufacturer's rep at a golf expo.

Sure, and in this case the discrepancy was WAY beyond True Temper's "Finest Quality" tolerance of +/-2 grams. It was even beyond the +/-5 grams tolerance you mentioned ("vary up to 10 grams"). Of course I called.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cipher

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

You are with Lblack. I'm with jet fan, popcorn....

Room for one more on the couch?

I'm fine with it. Better ask jet fan I think its his couch.

There's always room for one more :-D

(Robin Hood Prince of Thieves reference).

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-hi-there View Post

Mod: Incredibly truthful portions (over two paragraphs worth, and the type that resulted in an IP ban) were removed to spare iacas embarrassment. Seriously dude, even if you are right, you don't have to behave like LBlack14. His BRUISED EGO is why you were banned. We appreciate his dishonesty, slander, and childish insults here.

Fixed. Funny how I actually said "I wonder if any of you will muster the courage to admit you were wrong or if you'll resort to censorship again." ;)

My ego is not bruised in any way, shape or form. I had their clubs shipped to my door, on different occasions, with no grips installed so i could do my best to identify what shaft was used. They're a perfect step pattern match to the True Temper Multi Step shaft, period and I did talk 1st hand to a Mr. Wilson, 1st name leaves me at this time. Please feel free to ask Giga to send some raw Feather Lite shafts and compare them for weight with the TTMS. I'll be more than happy to do what I can to help. Just for shits and giggles, has anybody here ever measured loft on various heads from different manufacturers that are stamped with a stated loft and had them measure outside of a companies tolerances? You might be surprised. I have and some are not off just a little bit. Just an example is all. I know what I know. The guy cooked his own goose. My so called ego had nothing to do with him being more interested in an argument than finding facts. Please carry on.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-hi-there View Post

Mod: Incredibly truthful portions (over two paragraphs worth, and the type that resulted in an IP ban) were removed to spare iacas embarrassment. Seriously dude, even if you are right, you don't have to behave like LBlack14. His BRUISED EGO is why you were banned. We appreciate his dishonesty, slander, and childish insults here.

Fixed. Funny how I actually said "I wonder if any of you will muster the courage to admit you were wrong or if you'll resort to censorship again." ;)

Nice 1st posts by the way.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Jetfan and Cipher, This show is getting old. Hope you don't mind if I take off. I can leave the rest if my popcorn if you would like.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Seems like this thread is getting too far off topic... considering it's just turning into @jscomp creating new accounts to talk more crap I'm going to lock it.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

• Administrator
Seems like this thread is getting too far off topic... considering it's just turning into @jscomp creating new accounts to talk more crap I'm going to lock it.

Please do. And ban his new account too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!