IGNORED

Exchanging driver shafts

Note: This thread is 3717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I went through the Titleist shaft options and found this for you... Hope it helps!

Sam Gray

Whats in my :ping: Ping Hoofer Carry Bag?
Driver: :ping: Ping G25 9.5*    Shaft: Graphite Design AD DI 7x
3 Wood: :callaway: Callaway X HOT Pro 3 Deep 14.5       Shaft: Diamana Blue Board 83x
Hybrid: :adams:
 Adams A12 prototype 20*  Shaft: Aldila Rip NV blue prototype 80x
3 iron--Pitching Wedge: :mizuno: MP-64 irons 1* flat      Shafts: KBS Tour Stiff 
Wedges: :cleveland: 588 Forged 54 degree 12 degree bounce and 61 degree 9 degrees bounce   
Putter: :ping: Ping Karsten 1959 Anser 2

Thanks for the response. I'm still confused though, I've seen shafts for sale that say "tipped for Titleist" etc. so I'm wondering if the tip of my shaft has been fitted for ping clubs or can it be used in other brands. Does that makes sense?

The adjustable drivers these days have adapters on the ends of the shafts. This is so you can change the loft, etc.  Each manufacturer has their own adapters that, of course, do not fit on other brands.  But you could pull the shaft from your Ping driver and put it into a Titleist driver.  You would just have to remove one adapter and put on another.  They cost about $20.

Since the Titleist woods and hybrids now have a Surefit Tip to adapt into them if you can find someone to put that adapter onto the shaft you can use the same shaft!

Sam Gray

Whats in my :ping: Ping Hoofer Carry Bag?
Driver: :ping: Ping G25 9.5*    Shaft: Graphite Design AD DI 7x
3 Wood: :callaway: Callaway X HOT Pro 3 Deep 14.5       Shaft: Diamana Blue Board 83x
Hybrid: :adams:
 Adams A12 prototype 20*  Shaft: Aldila Rip NV blue prototype 80x
3 iron--Pitching Wedge: :mizuno: MP-64 irons 1* flat      Shafts: KBS Tour Stiff 
Wedges: :cleveland: 588 Forged 54 degree 12 degree bounce and 61 degree 9 degrees bounce   
Putter: :ping: Ping Karsten 1959 Anser 2

Since the Titleist woods and hybrids now have a Surefit Tip to adapt into them if you can find someone to put that adapter onto the shaft you can use the same shaft!

Here's what you will have to do, get the current shaft pulled from the G20.

Buy a new Titleist driver, have its shaft pulled with out damaging the adapter, then have the new shaft put in.

Warning though, if the G20 wood is a 0.350 diameter tip you WILL NOT be able to put it in your Titleist, they only use 0.335 diameter tip shafts.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hmmm. I'm not sure about the tip diameter I have. Are all of these models the the 335 diameter. Mine is an older version. It looks like the G2 fits a 350. Is there anyway to tell if my tip just has an adapter on it to make it 350? And if it does, will this be able to be removed to fit a 335 club? Thanks again for all the help.

Not entirely sure. But if it isn't a 0.350 then it should be a 0.335 diameter.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

the 'ahina is a very solid shaft. The only problem is still is that shaft a 0.350. Also getting it put in a Titleist might be an issue. I think you can pay Titleist to do it, I read somewhere it was like 40 bucks plus shipping and handling. You send the shaft to Titleist and they will install it for you.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

the 'ahina is a very solid shaft. The only problem is still is that shaft a 0.350. Also getting it put in a Titleist might be an issue. I think you can pay Titleist to do it, I read somewhere it was like 40 bucks plus shipping and handling. You send the shaft to Titleist and they will install it for you.

This is the shaft that comes with it stock

I mean that to get the Fujikura in the Titleist.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 3717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!