IGNORED

Best no offset, square faced hybrid

Note: This thread is 6116 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like my 585.H. But mine (with NV 85 shaft) has much too boring and low of a trajectory. I would like to find a hybrid with the best balance of rescue capabilities (for that is what I will be using the hybrid for.) I guess I should also try a different shaft in the 585.

What hybrid has no offset and a square face while offering more rescue capabilities (easy hits from iffy lies, high trajectory) than the 585? I am thinking about TM dual, but I don't like the closed face. Also considering the Cobra Baffler Pro/DWS. Besides the offset and the dual weight system can anyone comment on the differences between the PRO and the DWS?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the reply - will try to test it out if I can find a place nearby me that allows this. Can any one compare the 585, TM Dual and the Baffler Pro?

The Taylormade Rescue TP is not closed, or offset ( I think)
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

I have the Cobra Baffler DWS and I believe it fits your needs. It's an excellent club.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

What is the difference between the Cobra Baffler DWS/Pro models??
I am choosing between buying:
Titleist 585
Taylormade Rescue TP
Cobra Baffler
Cleveland HALO
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

take a look at the new sonartec HB 001, looks pretty nice... good luck finding the club in a shop to demo, may be tough

I'd also second the adams, a friend of mine just picked one up and its the real deal... a very nice, solid club. Looking to put one in my bag.

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I have the Cobra Baffler DWS and I believe it fits your needs. It's an excellent club.

I am pretty sure the DWS doesn't have a closed face. I have heard good things about it. I am also looking for a swing weight of D3 - the DWS is D2. I may end up trying it out though.

What is the difference between the Cobra Baffler DWS/Pro models??

The DWS is more forgiving - think DWS is 460cc and the Pro is smaller sized

The Taylormade Rescue TP is not closed, or offset ( I think)

I am looking for something that will work best in bad lies. Will the TM Dual TP fulfill this role?

take a look at the new sonartec HB 001, looks pretty nice... good luck finding the club in a shop to demo, may be tough

Would you say the Adams is a good club to use from trouble lies?

Thank you all for your help!

The DWS is more forgiving - think DWS is 460cc and the Pro is smaller sized.

I can say with a lot of certainty that no hybrid is 460cc.

"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

Ah I never got that part. Thanks for the clarification.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

My dad has rescue TP and he said it is great out of thick rough, and hardpan. The Adams has a driving iron like design so I don't know how it would perform

the adams played well from the rough, actually a lot nicer than my sonartec...

I found if I had a real deep lie or anything below my feet I had a real tough time controlling the adams

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Haha yeah, 460cc would mean that it is the size of the larger drivers on today's market.
What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

the new sonartec is good stuff man, not the most forgiving but if u do it right it really delivers. My hybrid is a prototype Adams A2Ts that i just got yesterday, its beyond awesome. Its square and workable, and out of the rough its pure magic. They sell them on ebay for not too bad (mine was 180 WITH a matrix ozik shaft). good luck

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

Note: This thread is 6116 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!