IGNORED

2014 NCAA Football

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3397 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I read that my choice is 96% so you must be at 4%. Tomorrow is Fri, so you have time to reflect on keeping your record of winning guesses.

All I know is, Ole Miss needs to be up big in the 4th quarter because Les Miles is part voodoo witch or sold his soul to the devil for the number of 4th quarter comebacks his teams make.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 touchdowns in the 4th? I read about that. No second string. BATTLE!

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

I read that my choice is 96% so you must be at 4%. Tomorrow is Fri, so you have time to reflect on keeping your record of winning guesses.

LSU seems to be getting better, Tiger Stadium is a tough place to play, and by now Ole Miss is a little susceptible to the big head (like college kids do).

Each of those is worth 5% for LSU's chances.

P.S. I hope you know I'm only joking around and certainly wouldn't bet any money on LSU. :-D

Good cause I dont have money to bet. It takes the soul out of the game. I have lost golf balls on the later games though. Some boys that were on the state championship team from my tiny high school were on my team later. They went on a team trip to New Orleans we all made. I remember them burning hair off sleeping people on the trip. They were plain mean. Ole Miss and Mississipi State have some linemen like that. I dont think "Bighead" is really where they are at, though I have heard that worry from some other fans.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Wow. 18 years of cheating and nothing from the NCAA???

I can name 5 schools right off of the top of my head that had "violations" that pale in comparison to this that got slapped with probation, ineligible bowl status, and scholarship reductions.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/22/us/unc-report-academic-fraud/index.html

I hadn't even heard of it until just now watching Cowherd's show.

Wow. 18 years of cheating and nothing from the NCAA???

I can name 5 schools right off of the top of my head that had "violations" that pale in comparison to this that got slapped with probation, ineligible bowl status, and scholarship reductions.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/22/us/unc-report-academic-fraud/index.html

I hadn't even heard of it until just now watching Cowherd's show.

Give the NCAA time to go through the report and figure out what they want to do. Also I believe UNC still needs to go in front of the NCAA infraction committee.

Think about it this way. Tressel was found to have hid the fact players didn't pay for tattoos. He stepped down from being a head coach. Luke Fickle became head coach. They actually played a whole season and went to a bowl game. Then Urban Meyer was hired on. Then a few months after that the NCAA laid down the scholarship reduction and bowl ban. I believe the whole process took about a 6-12 months.

I get the NCAA has flubbed a lot of stuff. They have their process they go through. I believe the only time they went quick was at Penn State because of the nature of that scandal and the expediency required for the situation. This at UNC is a huge thing, but it doesn't compare to the nature of what happened at Penn State in terms of severity of the crime committed. I don't think anyone would compare the two as equal.

I am not in anyway defending the NCAA, I think reform needs to happen. I am glad to see the schools take charge in gaining more power. Still, I don't think it is fair to bash the NCAA for not going through their process like they usually do. Meaning we probably wont see a ruling till early spring. I am sure the NCAA will take this report and do their own investigation to find out exactly what level of punishment they will dish out.

If I was the NCAA I rather wait and see than make a rash judgement based on what is publish in the news. Cause if they lay down the hammer and soon it is found that the reports were wrong. Now they have to back track big time, and people will complain about why they jumped the gun.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I agree, I think the NCAA will come down with a HUGE hammer if these allegations are true but I also suspect it will take several months for the decision to come down.  It will be interested to see the total extent of this scandal.   I didn't read the article linked to in this thread but I did read something today that said this went beyond athletics.  So I expect the NCAA sanctions will only be a part of the total discipline they are facing..

Athletics aside, I have to wonder about the validity of the diplomas the involved students received.....

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Ahh...Gameday! Lets see, I am up early and the best games are late so that means....RIBS!

Tom R.

Oh yeah, ribs sound great. B'ham is just a 2-1/2 hour drive from me. They should be ready by 6:30 kickoff. I am gonna go 18 and then head south. Lol. Ribs, potatoe salad and cole slaw and Bama vs Tenn football. Does it get any better?

Oh yeah, ribs sound great. B'ham is just a 2-1/2 hour drive from me. They should be ready by 6:30 kickoff. I am gonna go 18 and then head south. Lol. Ribs, potatoe salad and cole slaw and Bama vs Tenn football. Does it get any better?

Only thing that would be better would be to have a boat and be headed up to the game on the river.

(With the ribs cooking on the boat). :-D

Ya'll pick me up at Moccasin Bend.

Only thing that would be better would be to have a boat and be headed up to the game on the river. (With the ribs cooking on the boat). :-D Ya'll pick e up at Moccasin Bend.

Now that be awesome. I will be switching back and forth between Ala-Tn and Miss-LSU. I live in Giles County in southern middle Tn. I went to school with Bo's parents. My youngest daughter was a couple years behind Bo in school. I watched him grow up and play through school. Billy Brewer, former Miss coach, had a brother that lived here until he passed away. I used to hunt with one of Billy's nephew. I am somewhat connected to Miss. I am a huge Vol fan. Always have been. Aaron Medley, UT kicker, is from a school just north of here. He played against us in high school. I watched him all through high school. I work with his uncle. It is one thing to be a huge fan but when you personally know someone that is on the field and on a national stage, it intesifies it just a lil bit. The funny thing abou Medley, his uncle is a huge die-hard Ala fan. But he bought season tickets to Tn games too watch Aaron play. I think both games should be pretty good games. But with all that said. Ole Miss wins in Death Valley but my beloved Vols fall at Neyland. Just a couple of minor predictions.

[quote name="trickyputt" url="/t/72907/2014-ncaa-football/270#post_1069019"]Ahh...Gameday! Lets see, I am up early and the best games are late so that means....RIBS!

Trickyputt, Are those RIBS almost done? I am ready for some.[/quote] I am sorry to report I got called in today, so all I have is some grill time.

Tom R.

Sorry to interrupt the ribs discussion but seriously, 82 points?!?!?!?!?!?!  I didn't see the game but did Texas Tech even dress any defensive players today?   I gotta think TCU scored on every single possession...    That is just unbelieveable!

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Sorry to interrupt the ribs discussion but seriously, 82 points?!?!?!?!?!?!  I didn't see the game but did Texas Tech even dress any defensive players today?   I gotta think TCU scored on every single possession...    That is just unbelieveable!

Basketball started???

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

There goes Ole Miss. Good job by LSU.

Tom R.

There goes Ole Miss. Good job by LSU.

I warned you, Les Mile voodoo magic does it again.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I never would have believed it. I saw a stat afterwards where The Mad Hatter has a winning record after trailing in the 4th qtr. It was better than half the games.

Tom R.

Note: This thread is 3397 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!