IGNORED

2014 NCAA Football

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[QUOTE name="trickyputt" url="/t/72907/2014-ncaa-football/702#post_1084771"] ....and it sucks for team momentum.[/QUOTE] Not for coaches who know how to work that system. Bobby Bowden was very good at it, as was Pete Carroll. Saban and Meyer have both shown they've got a pretty good grip on it, too. Those who've proven not so adept include Bob Stoops and Jim Tressel.

I guess a certain allotment of time must be given for recruiting. The high school all-star games occur during this period for example, if that actually matters. Perhaps it does for marginal player choices that may be out there.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Not for coaches who know how to work that system. Bobby Bowden was very good at it, as was Pete Carroll. Saban and Meyer have both shown they've got a pretty good grip on it, too. Those who've proven not so adept include Bob Stoops and Jim Tressel.

Saban bowl record: 8-7 Stoops bowl record: 8-7 Last bowl for both: '14 Sugar Bowl Result: OU 45 Bama 31

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Saban bowl record: 8-7

Stoops bowl record: 8-7

Last bowl for both: '14 Sugar Bowl

Result: OU 45 Bama 31

National Championship Games:

Saban – 4 appearances, 4 wins

Stoops – 2 appearances, 1 win and 1 humiliating debacle of a defeat to USC

John

Heisman winner is ...not Cooper. Thats gonna be an interesting motivator for Cooper if Bama plays Oregon along the way to the Championship.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

National Championship Games: Saban – 4 appearances, 4 wins Stoops – 2 appearances, 1 win and 1 humiliating debacle of a defeat to USC

I like how you added "humiliating debacle" to bolster your case. Lol. Bottom line, records same and h2h Stoops wins so your argument that Saban knows how to prepare teams for bowls and Stoops doesn't is false. ;)

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I like how you added "humiliating debacle" to bolster your case. Lol.

Bottom line, records same and h2h Stoops wins so your argument that Saban knows how to prepare teams for bowls and Stoops doesn't is false. ;)

Ha, ha! Head to head doesn't mean jack where you're from. That was made abundantly clear last week.

John

Ha, ha! Head to head doesn't mean jack where you're from. That was made abundantly clear last week.

That's Baylor/TCU. This is Stoops/Saban. TOTALLY different. ;)

[quote name="ditchparrot19" url="/t/72907/2014-ncaa-football/680_40#post_1084790"] Not for coaches who know how to work that system. Bobby Bowden was very good at it, as was Pete Carroll. Saban and Meyer have both shown they've got a pretty good grip on it, too. Those who've proven not so adept include Bob Stoops and Jim Tressel.

Saban bowl record: 8-7 Stoops bowl record: 8-7 Last bowl for both: '14 Sugar Bowl Result: OU 45 Bama 31[/quote] Are you saying Stoops in the 14 sugar bowl? I dont get something here as usual. It must be Meyer/St Nick [quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/72907/2014-ncaa-football/720#post_1085072"][quote name="trickyputt" url="/t/72907/2014-ncaa-football/720#post_1085023"]14?[/quote]Sugar bowls are in January.[/quote] It was the "both" when talking about Stoops and Saban I did not quite get. I think I got hit by a segway. So Winston's Heisman versus Mariota's Heisman. ESPN should get one of those vibrating football board games to put the trophies on and let the trophies decide the Oregon/FSU game.

Tom R.

No real ties to be broken between those two – one has four times as many rings as the other.

I took issue with your comment that Saban knows how to prepare his troops for bowl games (with the month layoff and other challenges bowls present) and Stoops does not, that's it. I think their bowl records are an effective argument against that so I showed them. No question Saban has had more overall success.

Heisman winner is ...not Cooper. Thats gonna be an interesting motivator for Cooper if Bama plays Oregon along the way to the Championship.

No way a WR wins it unless they play both ways like Charles Woodson in the mid 90's, who was all over the field as a WR, Kick Returner and DB. A WR just doesn't put up enough stats. Unless they find a way to quantify the importance of a player to say, "Hey the stats might not show it but this player means this much" then I doubt a WR will ever win the Heisman unless they are multi-position player.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yeah I appreciate all that, but then....there is want to, need to, gonna dominate if it kills me, show the measurement of me, etc ad nauseum of the human condition. Its a character issue really. Not stats. I wonder about Mariota and his press conference. His struggle for words. Sims is fluent in his support and praise for others. He just doesnt get it, I guess. Mentally, it may be the worst thing the press could do to Mariota. He is a good guy, but that is a horrible thing timing wise. They should do that crap afrer the season is over, except the presenters are after a buck/press etc.

Tom R.

Yeah I appreciate all that, but then....there is want to, need to, gonna dominate if it kills me, show the measurement of me, etc ad nauseum of the human condition. Its a character issue really. Not stats. I wonder about Mariota and his press conference. His struggle for words. Sims is fluent in his support and praise for others. He just doesnt get it, I guess. Mentally, it may be the worst thing the press could do to Mariota. He is a good guy, but that is a horrible thing timing wise. They should do that crap afrer the season is over, except the presenters are after a buck/press etc.

Umm, that is just all sorts of confusing what you just wrote. :hmm:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

[QUOTE name="trickyputt" url="/t/72907/2014-ncaa-football/720#post_1085206"] Yeah I appreciate all that, but then....there is want to, need to, gonna dominate if it kills me, show the measurement of me, etc ad nauseum of the human condition. Its a character issue really. Not stats. I wonder about Mariota and his press conference. His struggle for words. Sims is fluent in his support and praise for others. He just doesnt get it, I guess. Mentally, it may be the worst thing the press could do to Mariota. He is a good guy, but that is a horrible thing timing wise. They should do that crap afrer the season is over, except the presenters are after a buck/press etc.[/QUOTE] Umm, that is just all sorts of confusing what you just wrote. :hmm:

Yeah I know. But after I got kicked off my last Golf website, I promised to never make fun of Yankees. It was a fun bunch of guys, not as brilliantly technical as sweet @Iacas but I wasnt going anywhere. This bunch here is broader, more international, but the game rules. I am gonna try to stay here and make it stay human. I didnt mean to confuse you. The firat sentences were about coopers feeling about losing the heisman (did he care? He was there.) And his response via nick on the field against the man. (Against his award?) Anyway real interesting stuff to a Bammer like me.

Tom R.

No way a WR wins it unless they play both ways like Charles Woodson in the mid 90's, who was all over the field as a WR, Kick Returner and DB. A WR just doesn't put up enough stats. Unless they find a way to quantify the importance of a player to say, "Hey the stats might not show it but this player means this much" then I doubt a WR will ever win the Heisman unless they are multi-position player.

Woodson shouldn't have won that one, either. Peyton Manning was robbed of that Heisman.

John

[QUOTE name="saevel25" url="/t/72907/2014-ncaa-football/720#post_1085186"]   No way a WR wins it unless they play both ways like Charles Woodson in the mid 90's, who was all over the field as a WR, Kick Returner and DB. A WR just doesn't put up enough stats. Unless they find a way to quantify the importance of a player to say, "Hey the stats might not show it but this player means this much" then I doubt a WR will ever win the Heisman unless they are multi-position player.  [/QUOTE] Woodson shouldn't have won that one, either. Peyton Manning was robbed of that Heisman.

BLASPHEMY!

• Upvote 1

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Note: This thread is 3408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!