IGNORED

2014 FIFA World Cup Thread

jamo
Note:Β This thread is 3594 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Bad effort. Advantage to the blue and whites.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5Β° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17Β° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20Β° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60Β° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Argentina on the verge...

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20Β° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60Β° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

What a stupid way to end a semi-final. Poor Cillessen. He's going to be torn apart.

Wow, he almost stopped the last goal. Too bad for Holland.

One co-worker is pissed, but the majority are happy.

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, Ned played better but I wanted to see a Eur vs S Am final.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I wanted to see a Brazil v's Arg 3rd and 4th place play off (that could have been a bloodbath)

Not sure what Van Haal was thinking having used Krul in the last game so effectively. Cillessen has never saved a penalty in his life! (apparently that's true) and to be honest, he could, no, he should, have stopped two of those, they weren't a great set. It's bound to be asked afterwards. If it ain't broke, don't fix it

For students of history though, World Cups have quite a tradition of the best team failing to win

This should be a lesson to the other teams that when you let it go to pks anything can happen.. It seems to me nobody learns.. It is never a good idea especially when you believe you are better for sure.. See ya Dutch! Now it's time for the Germans to run a muck, and bring the Argentinians back to reality! I'm calling a 3-1 German win already

:adams:Β / :tmade:Β / :edel:Β / :aimpoint:Β / :ecco:Β / :bushnell:Β /Β :gamegolf:Β /Β 

Eyad

I'm sick

So's one of my co-workers, and his sympathizers.

It sucks for a game to end this way, especially with such great playing from both sides.

But, I have more Argentinian (some are interns) co-workers, that are feeling really good right now, and possibly all of them are going out to get drunk for whatever reason. :beer:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Is anyone gonna watch Ned vs Brazil? I feel no compunction to. Germany seems to win a WC every 25-30 years though so seems like they're destined. Didn't they have the least travel time? Plus their custom built complex? And more rest time plus an opponent that just went to PKs. Now for Men in Blazers! It'll be better than the game.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Is anyone gonna watch Ned vs Brazil? I feel no compunction to.

I will because it is still WC soccer.. Granted it might be a dud because I don't think either team gives a ***t right now.. But maybe I'll be surprised?

:adams:Β / :tmade:Β / :edel:Β / :aimpoint:Β / :ecco:Β / :bushnell:Β /Β :gamegolf:Β /Β 

Eyad

Germany seems to win a WC every 25-30 years though so seems like they're destined. Didn't they have the least travel time? Plus their custom built complex? And more rest time plus an opponent that just went to PKs.

I heard that they just switch them on and off and that the German team are on the verge of being exposed as robotic frauds in the biggest shock since it was revealed that America didn't land on the moon

I heard that they just switch them on and off and that the German team are on the verge of being exposed as robotic frauds in the biggest shock since it was revealed that America didn't land on the moon

I've never actually seen this many conspiracies enunciated in one sentence before.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

[QUOTE name="FarawayFairways" url="/t/73308/2014-fifa-world-cup-thread/1098#post_1017909"] Β  I heard that they just switch them on and off and that the German team are on the verge of being exposed as robotic frauds in the biggest shock since it was revealed that America didn't land on the moon [/QUOTE] I've never actually seen this many conspiracies enunciated in one sentence before.

I don't see any conspiracy theories here.. Sounds right on to me..

Eyad

Okay.

Back on topic, my company tally reveals that Germany is favored to win, but not by much.

A few ardent fans still feel that Argentina has a chance of winning.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Yes, the this has been discussed before and after watching the Germans dismantle everyone I wouldn't be surprised that they are robots... Especially that muller guy! Argentina will not get away with some of the things I saw against the Germans.. I feel like they need to score early to have a chance.. Remember the Germans don't get tired and if their backs play the way they have against France and Brazil good night early!

Eyad

Ron vlaar although he missed a penalty was the man of the match for me. That guy did everything right won any header and almost every duel.

I bet Argentina will be watching that Ghana game tape. Algeria too. I think Germany will win (going out on a limb, eh?) but can't seem to come up with a score in my mind's eye. Probably 3-1. Maybe 2-0. I'll record the consolation match and watch on a rainy day.

Steve

Note:Β This thread is 3594 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!