IGNORED

First time using 3 wood hit ball 300+ yards

GITrDONE
Note: This thread is 6106 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I assume your face will be blurred as a result of the distorting lensing effect created by the disruption to spacetime that a swing as powerful as yours would create.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a little more muscle than Tiger. Basically the same body type however -- tall and lean but with substantial muscle. Tiger and I were also both 150-160 lbs previously but have adopted better diet and conditioning in order to gain strength, stamina, flexibility, etc. These traits are crucial on the golf course. Everyone gets this now, but keep in mind that 10-20 years ago guys weren't working out in gyms. They feared muscle would inhibit things like flexibility. Anyway, back to your original point... I may post a photo or videos at some point on the site. May blur the face out, but I would put 'GitRDone -- thesandtrap' somewhere and have it show up in the photo/video to prove authenticity.

So I bet you must have a wife as hot as Tiger's. Oh no...don't tell me your wife just gave birth to a daughter few months ago.

By the way, don't blur your face out. We do need to recognize someone who hit 3 wood more than 300 yards.
My first 3 wood arrived in the mail yesterday. I took it out today and took a couple practice swings. I teed the ball with a tee height a bit less than my driver tee height. The hole was a par 4 between 350-400 yards with the tee box and green at roughly the same elevation. My ball ended up 10-20 yards short of the green, making it a 300+ yard hit.

You know, red isn't the champion tee. It's ladies'.

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

I've hit my Ping G5 3 Wood tad over 300 yards. Although i had on my side

Wind
80% of the fairway was down hill
I can hit it 250 on a good solid swing normally (Not land 250 but land 230/240 and roll on to 250)

But to hit 380, i doubt it. Dont often see the Pro's hitting there 3 woods over 320
Superquad 9.5 Stiff
G5 3 Wood Stiff
MP-57 3-PW
R-Series 56 Wedge
52 & 60 WedgesWH #5

I have avoided reading this thread because of the nonsense in other threads started by GITrDONE, but for some reason this morning I clicked on it.

Pure comedy - thanks for an enjoyable last five minutes.

And the best thing is that this guy continues to go on like he's being completely honest.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

I had to read this thread based on the title as well and it is very entertaining, yes... but I will give 'GITrDONE' the benefit of the doubt. However, my assumption here is that because he is a beginner (and we've all been 'beginners' at one point in time) he is likely swinging harder than necessary because tempo is not in the vocabulary just yet and when a drive like this is indeed registered it indicates that this is 'potentially' something he can do consistently one day if/when he becomes really good at the game!

Let me tell you my story of learning the game... I use to just want to kill the ball when I first started the game in my late teens and early 20's. I was at the time quite flexible given I was also working out at the gym 5 days a week. My frame was an athletic build of 6 feet and 195 lbs of weight trained muscle.

Back in these days I was using my fathers old set of clubs which were the original Ping Eye's including the actually 'wood' woods (i.e. persimmons). My best and longest drive back then was 340 yards on a par 5 at a local course that I use to play with my dad from time to time. Now, again... that was with the persimmon driver and likely with some sort of balata ball that had no where near the technology of today's balls. I remember thinking when I hit that drive that I would be the 'next one'... if I could have only started this game earlier in life and why didn't my dad introduce it when I was a toddler just learing how to walk?

Anyways, needless to say... that drive was like the one drive I had at that length and that straight for the rest of the year. My drives were otherwise 50 yard banana slices off on the adjacent fairway of the hole coming back. ;)

Today, I resort to a more tempo'd swing where I likely only swing at about 85-90%... maybe even 75% depending on how tight the fairway is. I average 275 off the tee using 460 cc heads and Titleist NXT Tour balls. I have yet to hit a 340 yard drive this year... in fact I think I was close when I had played in the Arizona desert during a software conference there in April. A drive that measured 319 yards resulting from a power draw.

So I would conclude by saying it is possible to hit these crazy yardages with any club... it is likely very impossible to hit them consistently.

What's In my bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R5 Dual 9.5* UST Proforce V2 77g S
3Wood: Mizuno F-60 13.5* Mizuno Exsar 75S
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 3/4 Aldila VS Proto 80SIrons: Adams Pro Forged (5-PW) True Temper Black Gold SWedges: Cleveland 588 (3) 50, 588 (DSG) 54 & 60Putter: Ping i-Series Craz-EBalls:.....

Man you are something else. Lets recap:

Amen... dude, you gotta stop bullshiting. Im sorry, but its true.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

...has anyone considered the possibility that GitRdone is Tiger Woods?

What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

...has anyone considered the possibility that GitRdone

You're right! I think he is.

Driver: Superquad 9.5° - XS
3 Wood: Big Bertha II 15° - S
Irons: Mizuno MX-20
Wedges: Mizuno 50-06, 56-11, 60-05
Putter: Hog Mallet

Can i only say HAPPY GILMORE can i be your agent

Titleist 905R 10.5* w/ Avix Tour Red 69(X)
Titleist 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto 80(S)
Titleist 585H 17 deg w/ S300
Titleist 690.mb w/ S300
Vokey SM 56 degVokey SM 60 degSCOTTY CAMERON STUDIO STAINLESS NEWPORT 2

I think the best part about this thread is the people who respond to him seriously. I love this guy, i dont believe a word he says, but thats why hes so great.
Driver FT-3 9deg w/ Aldila NV 65-S
3wood Rescue 3 15deg
Irons R7 TP w/ Flighted Rifle 6.5
Wedges 48deg TA900, 53deg TA588, 58deg TA900
Putter 2 ball center shaftedBall NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 6106 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!