IGNORED

looking to change out my wedges, help me confirm my choices

Note: This thread is 3683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

so I have an old r7xd taylor made sand wedge 54 degree that is/was a good solid club for me getting out of sand and out to roughly a 100 yards. as well as a vokey 60 degree 07 loft (SAYS BV) on it...bought both of these clubs second hand and have had them for some time.

I've been told the grooves of them are about done and should be the next clubs I replace.  I feel really comfortable and confident with both of these clubs

I don't know my handicap as Im in the process of gathering it but my play has been improving.  I'm looking at the

vokey 54 degree with 14 loft F GRIND SM5 and the
vokey 60 degree with 07 loft S grind SM5

I'm going to try to find them at a store to try out (I'm lefty so any other left reading this knows its not that easy to find clubs to try) but I'm thinking with my positive experience with my current 60 vokey I would think the new 60 vokey is basically just replacing the old one and that should be a wash, my concern is the sand wedge (current loft 54) changing to a 54 vokey.

Thoughts?

I have the Vokey 54-12 and the Vokey 60-04 SM4's and really like them, having played Clevlands for years. I looked at the SM5's yesterday, because I'm getting new irons, and the set comes with a 50 degree U wedge, and my 54 is about at the end of it's life.

The new Vokey's look and feel good to me. You might check out other wedges, i.e.TM, ect to see which suits you best. That's about all I can offer..lol

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tough to "try" other choices just left a store where they had no newport scottys in lefty to try and i was ay least able to try a 54 in 14 sm4. It felt pretty good

Where you live and the type and quality of the turf / sand you play on has an influence on the type of grinds you should play.   For wet and muddy fairways I prefer higher bounce to reduce digging.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yep get the Vokeys, they are very nice wedges. I have the SM4s. The new SM5s are really sweet, wish I had them now!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

I live in Miami. usually not muddy but I guess its no Phoenix.  Think I'm pretty comfortable with 54.14 now to decide between staying at 60.07 or trying 60.08

Note: This thread is 3683 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!