• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
happyguy34

Weight of a nickel in grams.

5 posts in this topic

I want to add some weight to my Razor Hawk driver. Instead of lead tape I want to use a coin. I use a quarter on my fairway woods which is about 5 grams (works perfect for me). I would like to know what a nickel weighs so I can add it to my driver head..(instead of strips of lead tape).I would guess around 3 grams. A quarter feels to heavy on the driver head.  Thanks in advance.

http://bit.ly/Pt3I4c[quote name="happyguy34" url="/t/73689/weight-of-a-nickel-in-grams#post_971969"]I want to add some weight to my Razor Hawk driver. Instead of lead tape I want to use a coin. I use a quarter on my fairway woods which is about 5 grams (works perfect for me). I would like to know what a nickel weighs so I can add it to my driver head..(instead of strips of lead tape).I would guess around 3 grams. A quarter feels to heavy on the driver head.  Thanks in advance. [/quote] Go with the lead tape brotha.-Probably against the rules to try tot ape a nickel to your driver.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You might consider the GolfWorks Rubber Tungsten Swingweight Tape at $4.95 a pack.

Each 1/2" x 1/2" square weighs 2 grams - good for one swingweight point.

http://www.golfworks.com/productnew.asp_Q_pn_E_GW0054_A_Rubber+Tungsten+Swingweight+Tape_A_c2p_E_cs

Thanks for posting.  Helpful

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades