• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
mchichioco

Golf in D3 College

mchichioco    0
Hello Everyone, So after visiting NYU today and Columbia I was wondering about athletics. Since nyu is a d 3 school what would you need handicap wise to play for them? I am currently only a sophomore sitting at around 12 handicap I believe. Assuming I improve would I be able to play at a d3 school?

mvmac    1,760

Low single digit, here's an example of some scores

http://www.ncaa.com/news/golf-men/article/2014-04-19/top-ranked-illinois-wesleyan-wins-third-consecutive-cciw-title

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
    • I've often had the problem of not hitting the driver as well as irons.  Over the last few rounds I came up with something that works pretty well for now:  Activate the wrists a little more with the driver.  With irons I've been swinging with a kind of "dead hands" feel in an attempt to cast/flip less and get a nice inline impact.  It just doesn't work the same for me with the driver. Now I'm trying to get a little more of a "swinging" feel with the driver.  Not afraid to let the club swing the wrists back into a hinged position, then not afraid the feel them swing unhinged in the downswing.  Sort of conciously unhinging them.  Not too much though.  Still have to swing the arms and body.  I'm just sort of letting the club head go more instead of my normal bunt/block kind of shot. I hope some of that made sense and was helpful.
    • Okay, I feel a little better now. Thanks for the info guys. Saved me a little worry
    • I just didnt get it. I have a. Odyssey metal x milled 1 that I love and works great for me and I have an odyssey white hot rossie, that I also love the feel, balance, weight, and the way it plays. I got them both for about 200, 200 for both clubs, their used, except that the metal x is in mint condition, but 200 for two good clubs I get, 350 for a putter....it better guarantee that u jar it from 90 ft before I pay that much. But thats my opinion. I just didnt know if they're was something amazing or mystical about these that I was unaware of for that price
    • Maybe thick grip on putter trend seeping into full swing clubs? Heck if I know. Do thick grips make it harder to install via air compressor?
    • did not know where exactly where to place this thread, but........ Okay, I have been struggling with iron play so have been working diligently on it at the expense of losing faith in Driver, fairway woods, and lower lofted hybrids. I have gotten much better at the irons, hitting all of them crisp and even being able to stop on a green. Today it was almost like throwing darts in that most of the iron approaches stopped dead in their tracks, however the greens were recently heavily "sanded" and therefor hardly any roll out at all. Just "thud craters". Not complaining mind you, as its always nice to lay one right up pin high within three feet or so (but sometimes shorter than expected).  That being said, now I just can not seem to hit driver e.t.c.  (nothing new here, and a lot of discussion in the past).  It would be nice to have a practice routine that would benefit me in both ways or as the subject line says, achieve balance.  Just a mild moment of "introspection" and muse.......
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. grilljm
      grilljm
      (71 years old)
    2. Joe92385
      Joe92385
      (32 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon