IGNORED

David Duval

BallMarker
Note: This thread is 3531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey look on the bright side! David Duval beat Tiger Woods in the FedEx Cup standings!

Im rooting for one of the 2 guys (Foley / Labelle) to have a bad round tomorrow. I think if David finishes 201 he will be added. I cant seem to find the conditional rules for the Web.com series in my digging.

Im rooting for one of the 2 guys (Foley / Labelle) to have a bad round tomorrow. I think if David finishes 201 he will be added. I cant seem to find the conditional rules for the Web.com series in my digging.

Foley made a nice hole in one. I'm afraid the only options are a car crash or both of them being stricken by TB.

Riley

I just found something very interesting.

Last year 5 players were added to the Web.com tour finals because of "Special Medical Exemptions"

Look how vague the reasons are listed next to each of their names, although Im not sure if these guys actually filed official injury exemptions...

Kris Blanks Finished T-4 at 2012 q-school, but shoulder injury limited him to one start.
Steve Marino Four-time TOUR runner-up made 12 starts in 2013.
Scott McCarron Three-time TOUR winner is coming back from thumb and wrist injuries.
Arron Oberholser The 2006 Pebble Beach winner has struggled with wrist injuries.
Jhonattan Vegas The 2011 Humana winner hasn’t played since February after shoulder surgery.

After reading that Im pretty much convinced David will still get in under this category. The truth is he struggled with the arm for the whole summer. However it appears based on this oddly generalized reasons list David could claim the injury cost him the summer and multiple WDs.

It almost make you feel like this category exists just in case bigger name players may be lurking just outside the qualification.

Foley made a nice hole in one. I'm afraid the only options are a car crash or both of them being stricken by TB.

Somehow Foley and Labelle are having bad rounds today lol. Didnt see that coming.

Labelle is 2 over and is now projected at 207 (was projected in the 190s yesterday)

Foley was projected in the 180s but now is projected 197. He has a super weird scorecard going. Front nine included 2 double bogies and 4 birdies. Back 9 contains 3 bogies 2 birdies.

Need a bad 17 and 18 from him and this could happen.

He actually birdied 15 and 16, i didnt see what he projected before birding those but I think he actually might have been outside the Top 200 briefly.

Kevin Foley missed a par putt but they said he stays at 200. Most pressure packed putt ever LOL

I just saw that. Incredible. But he made the bogey putt coming back.

Like we said, how fitting that on the last putt of the tournament Duval would get relegated to 201.

I guess one way to look at it is Foley had 2 doubles and 4 bogeys on his round on a super easy course. Probably shouldnt have even made it that close.

I just saw that. Incredible. But he made the bogey putt coming back.  Like we said, how fitting that on the last putt of the tournament Duval would get relegated to 201.  I guess one way to look at it is Foley had 2 doubles and 4 bogeys on his round on a super easy course. Probably shouldnt have even made it that close.

LOL. DD finished 201!

Riley

Doug Labelle is currently 203. If he makes any birdies in the last 3 holes he might drop Duval to 202.

In fact he could drop Foley to 201 - cant say Id be upset then :)

I also kinda think Duval needs to finish 201. Gives the most leeway in case there are spillover conditions.

Annnd Doug Labelle makes two birdies late to finish #200

Foley will finish 201 and Duval 202

Take that Foley!

Joking of course. But how crazy for Foley to miss that putt at the end which right now looks like it cost him finishing 201.

I still think 10 or more career wins should get you lifetime exemption on tour not 20. How many guys win even that many on tour? Not many... 100 or so in the history of the game. If that were the requirement, guys like Duval wouldn't have to jump through hoops to play in tournaments already full of nobodies...

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I still think 10 or more career wins should get you lifetime exemption on tour not 20. How many guys win even that many on tour? Not many... 100 or so in the history of the game. If that were the requirement, guys like Duval wouldn't have to jump through hoops to play in tournaments already full of nobodies...

Seems fair. 10 might be a little too little. If it was ten, Zach Johnson, Steve Elkington, and Justin Leonard would have lifetime exemptions. I think 15 seems fine. Or maybe an exemption for world number ones? I dunno, probably a dumb idea.

Riley

Id agree 15 might be the  number.

Although I do wish 10 was the number for Duval's sake even I admit he was consistent long enough. Had he put in another 5 years before hitting the wall he might have gotten to that point.

It also appears David didn't sneak into the web.com tour finals by any outside factor as hes not in the field for the first event. Kinda disappointed but also didn't even know about the qualification until a few days ago.

Note: This thread is 3531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!