IGNORED

2014 Erie/Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Buffalo Summer Get-Together (August 16-17)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Look at it this way, get a par on number 1 and you are SET!!!

I'll be happy with a net par. ;-)

If it's the hole I'm thinking of, with a decent tee shot it isn't that hard. Dogleg right, but the tee shot is uphill, and you have to carry a big ravine. If you do that, you have a downhill shot to the green. Even I got a bogey on it the first time there...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If it's the hole I'm thinking of, with a decent tee shot it isn't that hard. Dogleg right, but the tee shot is uphill, and you have to carry a big ravine. If you do that, you have a downhill shot to the green. Even I got a bogey on it the first time there...

Yea Erik told me not to go over the green, and I smashed my 2nd shot over the green and into the trees!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yea Erik told me not to go over the green, and I smashed my 2nd shot over the green and into the trees!!!

Yeah, I guess it's hard if you don't take the elevation into account with your distance. :-P

Ryan M

Yeah, I guess it's hard if you don't take the elevation into account with your distance.

It really isn't that far downhill, only about 8-10 yards. I cleared the green by good 5 to 10 yards. Really, I was about 20 yards too far!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

It really isn't that far downhill, only about 8-10 yards. I cleared the green by good 5 to 10 yards. Really, I was about 20 yards too far!!

Ate your Wheaties that morning, did ya?! :)

Ryan M

• Administrator

Participants

1. In no particular order:
  2. @vasaribm 15.6
  3. @saevel25 6.6
  4. @cipher 4.7
  5. @Jeremie Boop 24.2
  6. @CarlSpackler 14.8
  7. @billchao 19.7
  8. @georgep 8.4
  9. @jamo 1.2
  10. @cedrictheo 4.2
  11. @Divot Master 13.6
  12. @Lihu 15.1
  13. @Rob Thompson 0.3
  14. @GolfLug 14.0
  15. @BradSomrak 9.1
  16. @rwolfe 13.3
  17. JoeyK 1.0
  18. @iacas 0.0
  19. @iacas guest ( @mvmac ) 0.0

Teams are tentatively set up. If we manage to get two more people, that puts us to 18, plus Mike and I, but honestly I think both of us are looking forward to having a non-competitive day and being able to drive around and hang out with each group as they're playing.

Perhaps we'll do something goofy like play a par five with each group and they can count our scores among their three best scores or something if they wish.

Edit: JoeyK canceled within an hour of confirming. So, we're back to 15.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

BTW…

Quick Math - E: 75, M: 85, R: 102, J: 96

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

BTW…

:beer: , if I recall correctly my putting was atrocious that day too, which led to many extra strokes. I think someone may have kicked and/or stepped on my ball on the green a time or too also....

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

One of the longest 6500 yard courses you'll find.

Look at #4 for example. Measures 300 or so, but… I don't think the play is to hit your driver.

Par fours where I hit driver from the blue tees:

1 yes

4 no

5 no

8 no

9 maybe

10 yes

13 no

16 usually

17 maybe

18 maybe

Another perspective, from the point of view of a 14 handicap Senior with a driver carry of 220, who has played the course many times from both the Blue and White tees...

From the Blue tees (6475 yards), there are four par 4's (#1, 8, 10, 18) that are difficult to reach in two, and one par 4 (#4) that should be a lay-up as the fairway ends at about 220.

From the White tees (6043 yards), there is only one par 4 (#10) that is still difficult to reach, but three or four par 4's (#4, 13, 17, and maybe 16) that should be lay-ups due to multiple hazards near the landing zones.

You also may have 2nd shot lay-up considerations on at least three of the par 5's, regardless of the tee used.

IMHO, the course is a prime candidate for a hybrid Blue/White tee set.  Perhaps some of the members are already doing this?

With all the lay-ups, forced carries, blind landing areas, and uphill/downhill/sidehill lies, it is a course that really forces you to think carefully about every shot.  But its a gas to play.  Just don't expect to tame it the first time around.

Marshall

BTW…

Looks about right for that time of the season last year...couldn't strike a ball to save my life. Thank God the past is the past. :smartass:

Looks like I was right about hole #1 though...like I said...not that difficult. If a guy who shot 102 on the course bogey'd #1, you can't be too afraid of it. lol

Ryan M

Looks about right for that time of the season last year...couldn't strike a ball to save my life. Thank God the past is the past.

Looks like I was right about hole #1 though...like I said...not that difficult. If a guy who shot 102 on the course bogey'd #1, you can't be too afraid of it. lol

I didn't think #1 was super tough, but then again I actually hit that fairway so it tends to be easier that way I guess. Driver, 7 iron I think it was.. I don't remember every hole unfortunately, but I do remember the par 3 that I hit the tree off the tee and the ball came all the way back and hit the cart....

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Another perspective, from the point of view of a 14 handicap Senior with a driver carry of 220, who has played the course many times from both the Blue and White tees...

From the Blue tees (6475 yards), there are four par 4's (#1, 8, 10, 18) that are difficult to reach in two, and one par 4 (#4) that should be a lay-up as the fairway ends at about 220.

From the White tees (6043 yards), there is only one par 4 (#10) that is still difficult to reach, but three or four par 4's (#4, 13, 17, and maybe 16) that should be lay-ups due to multiple hazards near the landing zones.

You also may have 2nd shot lay-up considerations on at least three of the par 5's, regardless of the tee used.

IMHO, the course is a prime candidate for a hybrid Blue/White tee set.  Perhaps some of the members are already doing this?

With all the lay-ups, forced carries, blind landing areas, and uphill/downhill/sidehill lies, it is a course that really forces you to think carefully about every shot.  But its a gas to play.  Just don't expect to tame it the first time around.

Thank you !!!!!

Vishal S.

I didn't think #1 was super tough, but then again I actually hit that fairway so it tends to be easier that way I guess. Driver, 7 iron I think it was.. I don't remember every hole unfortunately, but I do remember the par 3 that I hit the tree off the tee and the ball came all the way back and hit the cart....

I don't remember much about that day at all, except that I couldn't wait for it to be over. That was a rough 3-4 week stretch of golf for me last year.

Ryan M

YES!! I did have a few birdies that day. The first par 5 that I hit in 2, and the last par 3!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I don't remember much about that day at all, except that I couldn't wait for it to be over. That was a rough 3-4 week stretch of golf for me last year.

I remember hitting some horrible shots and some pretty great shots. I remember having a pretty good time also. I remember that my swing was getting pretty dang good by the end of last year and it drives me nuts every time I look at how much progress I lost through the winter. I will NOT let that happen again!

YES!! I did have a few birdies that day. The first par 5 that I hit in 2, and the last par 3!

I had 2 pars, 1 and 18 rofl!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I remember hitting some horrible shots and some pretty great shots. I remember having a pretty good time also. I remember that my swing was getting pretty dang good by the end of last year and it drives me nuts every time I look at how much progress I lost through the winter. I will NOT let that happen again!

I had 2 pars, 1 and 18 rofl!

What's funny is that I spent all summer working on ball-striking with my irons. And even though I didn't touch a club from September to June, I didn't lose my swing. My putting however...is now just finally coming back.

I don't think I hit any good shots that day...just mostly scrambled for my pars and bogies.

Ryan M

This idea of checking out the course with a practice round on Saturday is starting to sound better and better. Which iron do most of you chose for the single iron game? I've never played one and sounds really cool. Would it be played off the blue tees as well?

Vishal S.

Note: This thread is 3533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!