Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lurker from Central Coast CA

2 posts in this topic

I've come in from Google searches a number of times and thought it was time to join. I'm a female golfer, play 4x/week and love the game. I like switching things around so new gear is always rotating through the bag.

Anyway, that's all folks.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Welcome to TST. It helps people get to know you if you pick an avatar.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Hey @RandallT, digging around I came across some info that confirmed that golf score distributions are only approximately normal (positively skewed) and experience the low side resistance leading to some pile-up of probability on that end vs. a less 'bounded' long tail on the high side.    
    • A couple of states allocate their electoral college votes. Not all of them are winner take all. Its up to the state to decide how the votes are cast. The electoral college (in essence) is a control feature put in by the founding fathers of the US to prevent mob rule. It may not be necessary anymore, but its not a redundant system. California's will still carry more weight than Iowa, Wyoming etc.. None of it gets more Republicans elected as president. Which is what my feeling tells me this thread is really about. Apolitical middle americans that only vote every four years is the voting bloc that more or less that elects presidents, anyway. 
    • 3, 4 and 5 are just work around that might result in a fix but unless you understand the problem it will probably stop working in the long run.

Four things that really helped me with a slice are... 1) Understanding why a ball slices or hooks - and learning about swing plane  2) Learning how to grip a golf club and what happens to the club face with a strong V a weak grip  3) Slowing down my swing 4) setup and posture, knowing why a slightly lower right shoulder encourages the ball to launch higher and why ball position matters and what happens if you change the width of your stance etc in the same vane what happens when you grip down on the club or move your right foot back? Why does it help you? (the answer is that choking down on the club reduces the length of the club which makes it easier to keep on plane and moving the right foot back is doing the same thing as you are obviously not clearing your legs and then swinging out to in, which indicates a setup issue - maybe distance from ball but hard to say without seeing the swing).  With the above I was able to then visualise hitting a target out to the right of the ball - a very over emphasised in to out swing, which combined with a strong grip resulted in some very nice strong draws, using a slightly more neutral grip (somewhere in the middle for me) and using the same swing resulted in straighter drives. I am now noticing how much the choice of ball matters and things like wind direction and even the shapes of fairways and having to shape the shot to counter for slopes and hills, which is a nicer problem to have. I think the key is in understanding what is happening, like really understanding it, so even if you mess it up during a round and slice or hook a few you will not lose your confidence as its not voodoo. Now if only I could swing my irons, putt and use a wedge :) 

• Had a frozen right shoulder after heart surgery - massage did not loosen it up enough - cortisone shot and stretching it out - doc's orders were to stretch it until you screamed in pain for 10 seconds. After another 9 months - it worked. The cortisone allowed me to stretch it out. Advice - change all clubs except putter to lighteweight graphite shafts. Will get rid of future shoulder and elbow pain. In fact, for younger guys, no reason not to go with high quality graphite since golf is a game for life, and pain is no way to go through life.
    • Thanks, all. Yeah, the Tevas are downright hazardous on most Texan soil that you have to stand still upon for any length of time.  Just begging to be taken out by fire ants. San Antonio has some decent course options and a -technically- long potential season of good weather, though Summer can be rough.  It's just now starting to drift down into the low 80s.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. Covert
      (73 years old)
    2. Robert Diddings
      Robert Diddings
      (32 years old)
  • Blog Entries