IGNORED

what are some great budget minded forged irons?

thumper07
Note: This thread is 6040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i am looking for a new set of irons and would like more of a players iron. i hear alot people saying that forged irons feel great but most seem to be really expensive. i really like the look of the bridgestone J33 forged cavityback. can be had for less than $500 on ebay. does anyone know of any other forged irons that are relatively cheap?

thanks
matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

honestly... look into some of the clubmaking niche. they don't have the name but many of the brands perform well and are a lot easier on the wallet. a really good friend of mine has a set of Toski blades and after hitting them I felt a small pain in my stomach when I realized they performed as well as my Titleist irons and cost a whole lost less than my set.

here is the link to his set: http://www.toskigolf.com/T54.html

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Are they like 215? The site sort of confused me when it took me to another one, wait thats just for the heads? So is there newhere you can order them pre shafted lol
Edit 2nd time: found them here for 350, anyone find them cheaper? http://www.krookedstix.net/product_i...roducts_id=802 I might get them, anyone compare them to a more common iron?
Edit Third time: found them for 250 here, with a 2 iron, this site look legit? http://www.slickstix.com/index.php?category=3

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

KZG is probably the best you may find for the money.
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

Im getting some Snake Eyes 600 XC, there forged and hit reeeaallly nice. I demoed the 6 iron at my local Golfsmith. Sooooo smoooth. They hit nicer than both the Mizuno and Titleist blades that i hit there.

driver- ping rapture
3/5 wood- cobra speed ld f
irons- titleist 735 cm
wedges, 52/58- cleaveland cg12
putter- ping pal 4

honestly... look into some of the clubmaking niche. they don't have the name but many of the brands perform well and are a lot easier on the wallet. a really good friend of mine has a set of Toski blades and after hitting them I felt a small pain in my stomach when I realized they performed as well as my Titleist irons and cost a whole lost less than my set.

Wow! They look just like Titleist 690MBs. Not sure about 8620 as a iron material though. Had it in one of wedges and it just dinged so incredibly easily. Nonetheless, it was extremely light and very soft.

So it turns out, Bob and Tony Toski now my grandfather, or he knows them. Tony Toski gives lessons in the area, and Bob lives with one of his friends in the summer, and works at a local course as a pro. I'm going to try and contact him, and see if I can get some kind of deal :)

In the bag:
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

hey if you looking for an awsome set of real clubs try some ebay second hand hogan apex PC's the PC is the important bit, when you hit these bad boys from the sweet spot you wont feel the ball, these are real clubs and i picked up a set for 32 pound in england on the evil bay, i couldnt believe it, hardly used these clubs used to be 500 pound! they are awsome clubs. or get some second hand mizuno TP's if you can hit these you can hit anything i have 9 through to 1 iron again these are beautiful! and you can pic them up for next to nothing on the bay cause most people just cant hit them, the hackers!

hey forum guy! how about 2 minutes between login in already!

well guys i went and hit the titliest 755 which is supposed to be their forgiving iron. it felt like shit. i was hitting it good it just felt so damn hard. i was not impressed and will prolly just get my irons reshafted now.

-matt

thanks for the help guys

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

It's not suppose to be a forgiving iron, since it's basically a players iron. It's suppose to be "forgiving" for a forged iron, which is a big difference. It's meant for those who's ball striking is ready for a blade, yet would like some forgivness. Obviously it's not even close to being as forgiving as a cavity back.

In the bag:

Try the Srixon 701's, they're very forgiving. or the Mizuno MX-25
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

Try the Srixon 701's, they're very forgiving. or the Mizuno MX-25

Have you demoed the i-701? Where did you find it? Is at good as people are saying?

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Have you demoed the i-701? Where did you find it?

Yes i have, I live in NC. carolina golf store had it.. I was amazed how forgiving they where. Also if you want Project X shafts i believe they can be ordered at no extra charge or 50.00. I think it's up to the store, i've heard diferent answers on this.

P.S. the 701 Tours where also forgiving, targeting the mid-low handicap and are forged.

Yes i have, I live in NC. carolina golf store had it.. I was amazed how forgiving they where. Also if you want Project X shafts i believe they can be ordered at no extra charge or 50.00. I think it's up to the store, i've heard diferent answers on this.

Chip at chipandputt.com quoted me no upcharge for Project X or Nippon. What other irons would you compare them to? Are they like the legendary crafted Japanese quality irons, you know where the 2 iron and the PW feel the same?

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Good to hear people saying good things about KZG, they are trying to woo me into becoming a shop for them.

the 701 Tours where also forgiving, targeting the mid-low handicap and are forged.

I currently play the I-506 which fall in between the I-701 and I-701 Tours. I also have a set of Nakashima NX-1's that remind me alot of my Mizuno MP-30's (which is a good thing)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

you can get mizuno mp-14's that look like new for dirt cheap on eBay. people buy them and can't hit them. most can be had for just a couple hundred bucks. you can't even make a set with decent shafts for that price. good luck.

My (current) Sticks:

Callaway X Hot 3 Wood
MacTech NVG2 Mids 4-GW
Cleveland DSG RTG+ 56*/60*Ping G5i Craz-E PutterK. I. S. S.

you can get mizuno mp-14's that look like new for dirt cheap on eBay. people buy them and can't hit them. most can be had for just a couple hundred bucks. you can't even make a set with decent shafts for that price. good luck.

or for a little bit more the mighty 33's

Note: This thread is 6040 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!