IGNORED

Winn Grips

SandSave
Note: This thread is 6101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought the G8s near the beginning of the season (Mayish) and I replaced the driver one yesterday. I sold my irons so I don't know how long they would have lasted but I golf about 3 times a week, which isn't all that much yet the grips didn't hold up nearly as long as even the stock grips.

I replaced the G8 with the Golf Pride MultiCompund on the driver and at the advice of the club fitter I went up to a Midsize grip and it has given me a bit more control over the club face - a little less flippy. It lets me swing a bit more aggressively without the fear of pulling the ball as much. If they work out good I will be regripping all my clubs this winter with them.

I was a fan of Winn grips but after using them I will no longer use them.

I just installed some Winn's on my wifes clubs this past weekend. I don't like them & would never use them, feel way to soft & spongy. She likes them because they are soft & pink.

I can't see anyway they would hold up very long with getting regular use.

I'm saying that I dont like them, obviously there are people out there who do like them since they seem to sell a lot of grips. Your opinion regarding them may be totally different. Go down to your local golf shop & see if they have some clubs with a few different brands of grips on them to find the ones you like.

I regripped last time with Winn Excel-AVS grips. I love the feel of them, but they don't last as long as other less soft grips. They are very good when slightly moist, but when they get too much water on them they feel like somebody put Armor All on them. Next time I will probably go with Golf Pride.

What's in the Bag?
Driver: 907D2 - Proforce V2 75
5-Wood: Ovation
Irons: AP2
Wedges: Vokey SM56.14, SM60.04Putter: Fastback 1Ball: Pro V1xHome Courses: Willowbend Golf Club http://www.willowbendgolfclub.com/index.html

My dad got the AVS grips....absolutely loves them. They tended to wear a bit quicker than the stock grips...prolly cuz they are softer....
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

I used to be a Winn Grip guy, but when Golf Pride came out with the New Decade, I switched and will never go back. Since the switch, I dont have to re-grip my clubs 3-4 times a year. Winn are nice and soft, but they just dont last long enough, and you lose a little feel with them.
In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

thanks guys for all your input. I will probably regrip one of my clubs with the wingrip and try it out myself. I just dont want to spend $50 to re grip and not like them or have them wear out super quick

Note: This thread is 6101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!