IGNORED

ping g10 or burner tp

Note: This thread is 6097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

alright for christmas ive been thinking of buying a new driver since my game is gonna be in single digits next year hopefully.

ive been thinking of getting a burner tp, or a ping g10 with a grafalloy prototype bi matrix. yeah, i think im gonna rock the pink one. so, does anyone have any exprenience with these clubs, and does anyone know where i can get that shaft for the ping driver, cuz i know bubba has one on his rapture.
What's In My Custom Bagboy Fleicshmans Bag:
Driver: Hibore with Aldila NV 65
Irons: CG2 Irons 3-PW
Wedges: 56 degree Reg.588 Tour Action Chrome Finish, 60 degree Vokey Design, vokey design 52*
Putter: milled series #3Hybrid: Rescue Mid 25 degree3 Wood: War HawkGolf Balls: Serious Play ...

alright for christmas ive been thinking of buying a new driver since my game is gonna be in single digits next year hopefully.

Have you ever hit either driver? How about the Bi-Matrix shaft? Do yourself a favor and don't buy either without hitting them on a monitor first. Pains me to see people hitting $500 drivers that are the total opposite of what they need. Why the TP on the burner? Do you typically hit the ball too high? Or do you think it will be better for you because it says Tour Preferred on it? Yes.... Bubba does have the Bi-Matrix shaft, but do you have Bubba's swing speed? Just a few things to think about before you go out and waste your hard earned cash.

In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

first of ai agree w/ the last post and sec both of those drivers are way differnt in look and feel so ya try them out first. i have tried both and i like the burner way better

Titleist 905R 10.5* w/ Avix Tour Red 69(X)
Titleist 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto 80(S)
Titleist 585H 17 deg w/ S300
Titleist 690.mb w/ S300
Vokey SM 56 degVokey SM 60 degSCOTTY CAMERON STUDIO STAINLESS NEWPORT 2

first of ai agree w/ the last post and sec both of those drivers are way differnt in look and feel so ya try them out first. i have tried both and i like the burner way better

How did you get to try the G-10, I heard they aren't out till Sep. 10.

In the bag:
Driver-Cleveland HiBore XLS Tour 10.5s
Hybrids-Adams Pro Gold
Irons-Srixon I-701Tour PX6.0
Wedges-Srixon WG 50*/56*Putter-Rife BarbadosBalls-Bridgestone B330S

How did you get to try the G-10, I heard they aren't out till Sep. 10.

I saw some today. Anyways, for the person who started this thread. Look for demo days, get fitted. More than likely your end result maybe totally different than what you thought.

HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

Gee you can't go wrong with either one. But I really do agree with the fellow about the shaft. More marketing BS for something that is likely not going to apply to you (unless your swing speed is above 105).

They had Ping Demo day here in Denver tonight but I have seen the new G10 drivers at the shops since Monday. And yes they hit amazing, both drivers are basically line up and pound. Neither are very workable - but they aren't trying to be.

I have a burner 3 wood - love it. And it's really really close between these two. But I like the heavier shaft in the Ping (65g) as opposed to the Burner (55g). Although on the range performance was virtually equal. Even the ball flight was very similar. Burner feels like it simply explodes off the face. I would give SLIGHT (maybe a few yards) distance edge to burner, and SLIGHT forgiveness edge to PING. However the PING G5 did very well in many long drive competitions - so what do I know.

Finally I must say the new Titliest D2 driver was amazing. Only hit because the Pro's were raving about it. They were right - although it's $100 more than the Burner or Ping. Go to a pro shop with Golf Pro's get measured up and pound away - Good luck.

I actually played the burner an I'm going to buy one this week. but for you I would say that you should test them AND remember that bubba is pro, so he needs other specifications in his clubs. I don't think that this shaft fits to everyone and you shouldn't just pick one until you haven't played it and don't know your swing speed.
As an example I can tell you that the Aldila NV-R is very stiff for a regular-shaft. I mean, you just shouldn pick without knowing the facts about.

But the Burner is hot, even with the standard-shaft "Graphite Design 65g Super Fast". I played it yesterday and ripped of some monster-drives

Have you ever hit either driver? How about the Bi-Matrix shaft? Do yourself a favor and don't buy either without hitting them on a monitor first. Pains me to see people hitting $500 drivers that are the total opposite of what they need. Why the TP on the burner? Do you typically hit the ball too high? Or do you think it will be better for you because it says Tour Preferred on it? Yes.... Bubba does have the Bi-Matrix shaft, but do you have Bubba's swing speed? Just a few things to think about before you go out and waste your hard earned cash.

well i have a very steep swing so i tend to produce a little too hight spin rates with my driver. i typicall hit an 8 iron 155. and the tp becasue i like the lowere penetratinbg ball fligh. im leaning more toward the ping becasuse i know alot of people with the g5 and they hit it pretty well. edit im also looking at the new driver, that looks pretty cool.
What's In My Custom Bagboy Fleicshmans Bag:
Driver: Hibore with Aldila NV 65
Irons: CG2 Irons 3-PW
Wedges: 56 degree Reg.588 Tour Action Chrome Finish, 60 degree Vokey Design, vokey design 52*
Putter: milled series #3Hybrid: Rescue Mid 25 degree3 Wood: War HawkGolf Balls: Serious Play ...

Note: This thread is 6097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!