• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boogielicious

ESPN made a documentary about Jan Stephenson's fantastically bizarre golf career

4 posts in this topic

For the younger forum members:

This lady was the bombshell of the LPGA when I was in college.  Guys in my dorm had posters of her.

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/08/espn-made-a-documentary-about.html

In 1973, a 23-year-old Jan Stephenson waltzed onto the LPGA Tour and began one of the most polarizing careers the game has ever known.

The Australian-born Stephenson with her long, curly blond hair soon became -- at the encouragement of the LPGA Tour, she says -- golf's first sex symbol. She was the subject in a series of risque images throughout her career, which divided opinion sharply among her peers. She kept winning, though, even after a marriage-gone-wrong led to a brief stint in an insane asylum. Stephenson remained the star of golf's biggest soap opera, and people couldn't get enough.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

For the younger forum members:

This lady was the bombshell of the LPGA when I was in college.  Guys in my dorm had posters of her.

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/08/espn-made-a-documentary-about.html

In 1973, a 23-year-old Jan Stephenson waltzed onto the LPGA Tour and began one of the most polarizing careers the game has ever known.

The Australian-born Stephenson with her long, curly blond hair soon became -- at the encouragement of the LPGA Tour, she says -- golf's first sex symbol. She was thesubject in a series of risque images throughout her career, which divided opinion sharply among her peers. She kept winning, though, even after a marriage-gone-wrong led to a brief stint in an insane asylum. Stephenson remained the star of golf's biggest soap opera, and people couldn't get enough.

Hard to believe that was 40 years ago.   Thanks for the reality kick in the nuts Boogie..... :-(

I definitely need to watch this vid later. Female Aussies are right up there with female Scots for sexy accents....IMO.

Think her manager had control issues?