IGNORED

Joost Luiten

Silent
Note: This thread is 1765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well the start of the Nordea Open isn't that nice with 4 bogeys and 6 pars through 10 holes. Hope he can gain some form for the US open

However, I'm going to follow this thread!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pretty much the worst start possible, +6 and only three players behind him. Welcome @DutchGolf , hope you'll like it here :-)

~Jorrit

Yes very surprised by that first round from joost. Really thought he would contend this week as it looked like he was getting back to top form. Just shows what I know lol

Thanks @Silent ! 3 under through 11 now, so +3 as total score. It is unfortunate he had such a bad round yesterday, playing 4 rounds would have been nice as preparation for the US open.

Probably a certainty that he won't make the cut. Costly trip.

Agreed. Certainly a probability too. :) Joost is a streaky player during the rounds but ironically he reliably makes cuts because he birdies enough to offset mistakes. Not this time though.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• 2 weeks later...

Due to Luiten his (lack of good) performances this year, starting today he's outside the top 50 of the world for the first time since long ago. At January 1st he was actually 29th. Unfort. Luiten failed to gain a top 10 place so far in 2015. Big difference with last year, when we saw a lot of top 5 finishes.

Gaining some good results now is getting even more important, starting with the US Open this week. I'm not too confident giving his recent results, but it has to (and will) turn around one day so let's hope it going to be at the US Open. Game on!

~Jorrit

Due to Luiten his (lack of good) performances this year, starting today he's outside the top 50 of the world for the first time since long ago. At January 1st he was actually 29th. Unfort. Luiten failed to gain a top 10 place so far in 2015. Big difference with last year, when we saw a lot of top 5 finishes.

Gaining some good results now is getting even more important, starting with the US Open this week. I'm not too confident giving his recent results, but it has to (and will) turn around one day so let's hope it going to be at the US Open. Game on!

Yes agree, I think Joost is a bit unstable, going from good rounds to very bad rounds. Unfortunately he always has one very bad round during his tournaments this year and it is hard to recover from those bad rounds. I hope he can post a good result at the US Open and in the tournaments thereafter in order to come back in that top 50.

Indeed, amazing round and inside the top 10 after the first day. Unfort. because of the time difference and his late tee time I couldn't follow it. Hopefully a similar round today, starts early at 7.40 local time.

~Jorrit

Great stats @Silent !!

Nice round by Joost, let's hope he can follow up today with another good round to aim at the top 10. Luckily he starts early today, which makes it easier to follow for us across the lake.

Another solid round (-1) after an impressive back nine (-3), taking him to T7 so far after 68/69 scores on the first two days. Game seems solid, including his putting. Most impressive is his driving accuracy at ~90%. Hopefully heading towards a great weekend.

~Jorrit

After day 3, Luiten is still inside the top 10. Didn't have a very good day yesterday, bogeys on 16 and 17 really were too bad. Hopefully a good round today and at least a top 10 finishing position while hoping he can sneak into the top 5.

~Jorrit

After day 3, Luiten is still inside the top 10. Didn't have a very good day yesterday, bogeys on 16 and 17 really were too bad. Hopefully a good round today and at least a top 10 finishing position while hoping he can sneak into the top 5.

Nope :(

Sad 4th round for our man. +4 through first 8 so far.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Nope :(

Sad 4th round for our man. +4 through first 8 so far.

Not a good round on day 4. Actually, two bad rounds in a row with a total of +9. Not finishing inside let's say the top 15 in a major is not a shame, but being inside the top 10 for three days and a serious amound of time in the top 5 even, it's quite disappointing how the last ~21 holes went (+7). This pretty much sums up the season Luiten is having so far.

Looking forward Luiten needs good results fast. If I'm not mistaken after his next tournament the result from the Irish Open in 2013 (T2) doesn't count anymore, in four tournaments his T4 at the Wales Open and in six tournaments his win at the KLM Open. A lot of points to lose!

~Jorrit

Note: This thread is 1765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!