IGNORED

Joost Luiten

Silent
Note: This thread is 1749 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Check shot tracker at pga for his 2nd hole.... I see where the confusion is coming from.

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I poured myself another glass of wine. Let's see some nice golf. Btw, and I'm serious, did you know Luiten and Wiesberger are very close friends? Not sure how this is interesting, just a fun fact I guess.

~Jorrit

I poured myself another glass of wine. Let's see some nice golf. Btw, and I'm serious, did you know Luiten and Wiesberger are very close friends? Not sure how this is interesting, just a fun fact I guess.

Lol nice!

Riley

According to shot tracker he missed a birdie on 2nd by 4 inches, and on 9 by 2 inches...

~Jorrit

If shot tracker is correct that must be quite frustrating. Damn, if his putting was on high level like the rest of his game this tournament.,, ah well, that's golf ofcourse.

~Jorrit

Level par for the day, ended as 26th with -7. Not bad, but after dancing around the top 10 for three days I can't deny I'm slightly disappointed. Even though he matches his best major result ever. This doesn't help him really in the Ryder Cup rankings as well. Even winning a (small) tournament in Europe in the next few weeks doesn't put him on the team directly: he needs to play good and maybe, maybe he will be a captain's pick.

I think Joost will have mixed feelings also. Playing well and solid, but didn't hole enough (birdie) putts. Anyway he will take back home a good experience, and he showed to himself en to the golfing world he's a player who can play at a high level and content for the high places. Good to see he ended his round with 2 birdies also.

~Jorrit

Okay, what can we expect from Luiten in the next few weeks.

On American television he said he would play 2 more tournaments in Europe in August to try to qualify for the Ryder Cup. On his website those tournaments are not stated, so I don't know which 2 out of the 3 he will play. There aren't any big tournaments coming up, so that means he needs to win and even then it will probably not enough for direct qualification. In one month the KLM Open again, where he is title defender. This is after the Ryder Cup team will be announced and it doesn't affect the Ryder Cup lists.

On the world ranking Luiten remains 47th. Considering this is his first year in the top 50, keeping that position this year would be quite good. Goal has to be to remain in the top 50 untill the end of the year, and to look up next year when all those tournaments are not 'new' anymore. Very curious if will play on the PGA Tour instead of the European Tour.

~Jorrit

Short reaction from Luiten on his website:

Played well, but missed a lot of putts. Then you finish level for the round.

Despite the birdies on 17 and 18 it feels like a disappointing final round. I could have scored much better.

On the other side I can also say that my game feels better and better.

~Jorrit

I really don't think playing in Denmark or the Czech Republic will help his cause. He'll obviously play the KLM & probably the Euro Masters or Welsh Open.

Riley

Note: This thread is 1749 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!