IGNORED

Chips out of my new Mizuno Iron

Note: This thread is 3376 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I may have hit down but I just feel like the club shouldn't chip like that It really doesn't matter as the store contacted mizuno and they will not replace it. I had to buy a single club Now I have to write a nastygram to the range I was at and make sure I never go there again. It sucks because it is about a 30 sec drive from my house and the other one is about 15 minutes. The other one is a lot nicer anyway

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Been there done it. First time I used my 588 4 iron it was to punch out from under a tree and I hit some rocks I didn't see under some leaves. Marred the face and made some sizeable scratches on the sole. Didn't even save my par to add insult to injury. Same thing with sand blasted finishes on new fairways and hybrids hitting from fairway bunkers. I go through wedges every year just from the poor quality of the of the bunkers here. The first ding is never fun no matter how it happens. I probably would have just lived with it because it's going to happen again. My irons are hammered after just 1.5 seasons. Getting ready to put a new 6 iron in the bag today. No doubt it will be used looking by the end of day.

Dave :-)

• 5 months later...

Seems to me that the mat would have also nicked or damaged your other irons. Mizuno's warranty is 1 year. I would be surprised if you are within the warranty period and they do not replace your 6 iron.

Mizuno has a reputation for excellent customer service. They might replace it for you.

At any rate, contact the store where you bought it and see what they can do.

If you decide not to replace, you might take the iron to a local jewelry store and see what they can do for you. Jewelers have the precision tools to work on small metallic areas.

I had a jeweler smooth out a lower-face nick on a sand wedge.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 3376 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!