• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
BuckeyeNut

My trusty and beloved 56 degree Mizuno MPR Series wedge..................

....has seen better days!   This is my favorite club in the bag (tied with the putter) which is why I've kept it so long.  This wedge has probably thrown more than 2 dump trucks loads worth of sand into the air during it's lifetime!!! It's been in my bag since 2008....RIP my friend!

I had 99yds to the pin......  I never saw the ball flight due to the distraction of the club-head flying off and scooting 25 yards along the ground in front of me.   I had no idea where the ball went.    ..........sure enough, the ball was on the green!  It's very last stroke was a GIR.  LOL....good thing I hit the "little ball" before the "big ball"! ;-)

I ordered this as a replacement online sight unseen.................

I trust you Mizuno....don't let me down!   I chose the white satin version and I hope it makes it to me by this weekend!!   I ordered it Monday evening so it will be close!!

I ordered this as a replacement online sight unseen.................

I trust you Mizuno....don't let me down!   I chose the white satin version and I hope it makes it to me by this weekend!!   I ordered it Monday evening so it will be close!!

I think you'll like the new one, very similar to the MP-R

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For ~$30, that gem could look like new.  I had my late father-in-law's putter refinished (from the 1930s!).  Looks fantastic.

http://www.theironfactory.com/

Naaaaa....I'm not THAT attached!!    LOL

Modern technology is good...IMO.   Unfortunately, I won't have it by this weekend.   I checked the tracking link, and it's not due to arrive until Tuesday.   I played today and used a1996 model year Tommy Armour Silver Scott 855!!   I hit it pretty well, but luckily didn't need to use it from the sand today.  I did use it for a couple full shots and several times chipping around the green.....my chipping as SPOT on!!

I bet not many many here can say they have played the same wedge for that long! I've had my 60deg vokey in the bag since 2009, hoping the shaft wont snap on me... I have no money for a new wedge yet!

Every club in my bag, except my driver, is from 2003. I definitely understand your attachment. The longer I keep them the more I understand the phrase "it's the Indian, not the arrow." Goodluck with your new wedge :beer:

If the new one doesn't work out,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mizuno-MPR-Series-Wedge-56-/251538351699?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash;=item3a90daa653

Playing a wedge with fresh grooves is definitely noticeable!!  The ball is definitely coming back more with the replacement.  I love it......  it feels and looks great!!

Being a high ball hitter I've seen new sharp groove clubs stop the ball from rising and change distances a few yards.