• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TST Feedbot

Is Eleven Years Old too Young to Play in a U.S. Open?

7 posts in this topic

by Michael C. Hepp: link

At eleven year's of age Lucy Li is the youngest golfer to ever get through a sectional qualifier for a women's US Open. I explain why she was to young for the biggest stage in the women's game.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

This is the beauty of the US Open..................qualify and you are in.    There are no age requirements.

The reason I don't mind it is because she really didn't take it too seriously. There wasn't this obscene pressure on her. She was eating popsicles and just chilling. She took it like a normal round for an 11 year old and just hung out. She just had some fun.

Please do not comment on this thread.

Please comment on the original article.

Thank you.

Although the original article no longer exists, so I suppose we're at a bit of a crossroads, huh?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[COLOR=555555] Please do not comment on this thread. Please comment on the original article. Thank you. [/COLOR] Although the original article no longer exists, so I suppose we're at a bit of a crossroads, huh?

Oh whoops. Well I got a 404 yo!

Accidentally published this one a little early. It's back now and you can comment on the article itself: http://thesandtrap.com/b/thrash_talk/is_11_to_young_to_play_in_a_us_open .

I agree with the author that 11 is too young.  Kids similar to Lucy Li are not going to have their life ruined by not being eligible to play in the Women's Open.  In fact we should go a step further and place an age limit on the Women's Open, Amateur and Publinx (soon to be gone).  Make the age limit 17.  There is the USGA Junior Championship for kids under 17 so it is not like there is nowhere for a talented 11 year old to display their talents.