IGNORED

Golf bag fell of cart today

edk
Note: This thread is 6068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

While playing today, my friends, or so called friends, undid the cart strap to my bag. My bag fell off on the concrete path and scratched/chipped/dented my driver. It's the excuse I was looking for to shop for a new driver. Lesson learned, put the headcover on after every hit.

That happened to me today too. Not by the hands of my playing partner though. My 4 and 3 iron got some serious cart path rash. It's alright though, gives the clubs some character.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

happened to me a couple of years ago, I was at a course with my uncle in Florida where is a member at and our caddie decided to take off my headcovers (I'm a headcover nazi). anyways it must have been within the first 2 minutes of him taking off the covers because when I noticed they were off I said something and noticed the crown on my driver was cracked, he must have dropped the bag when he was forecaddying. anyways, I brought it up with the caddiemaster and they gave me a free driver from the shop, that was a nice feeling. i didn't care that he took them off I was just pissed because that was the first time I ever had a caddie.

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I was going down a hill with a pull cart, and i dropped it and the cart handle broke. Clubs werent even touched.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

The latest technology drivers are getting thinner and thinner especially in the crown area. I tell customers to always put the head covers on their drivers. I cringe when I hear drivers and woods clanging around on a cart with no headcovers.

• Administrator
While playing today, my friends, or so called friends, undid the cart strap to my bag. My bag fell off on the concrete path and scratched/chipped/dented my driver. It's the excuse I was looking for to shop for a new driver. Lesson learned, put the headcover on after every hit.

If you ask me, it sounds like the excuse to take your "friend" shopping with you for YOUR new driver.

He owes you!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

that's a bummer man, if I were you let some time go by and do the same to him....(if indeed this is a friend you play with on a normal basis)...

that's a bummer man, if I were you let some time go by and do the same to him....(if indeed this is a friend you play with on a normal basis)...

Agreed. Don't get mad, get even.

I've done it to a buddy of mine two or three times - although I never fess up to it or even act like I did it until about half an hour after it happened. It doesn't really matter to him - he has some ancient MacGregor irons which, I think, date from the 1960's (they could actually be worth something but he doesn't seem to care) and a $20 driver from Dick's. But I cracked up one time really badly and he caught on..
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

If your going to play games with others equipment you should be prepared to pay for any damage. One friend had a brand new driver ($500.00) and a guy in the group undid his strap, the head snapped off and he refused to pay for it. He took him to court and the guy ended up paying for the new club,court costs,lost a day of work and he never plays games with others clubs.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

I agree that if a person jerks around and breaks something that he should have to pay for it. I've undone the strap before but nothing ever broke. Let me say that if it did, I would pay for it. I also knew the guy had shit clubs.

Interesting that the guy took him to court. I think that's good he made him own up to it.

Guessing they aren't playing buddies anymore.

Swing = Stacked and On Plane when possible.
In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9° Alidila NV 75g Stiff
3-Wood: Nike SQ 15° Diamana Stiff (Stock)
Irons: NIKE FORGED SPLIT CAVIY (S300)Wedges: Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 (Rust) 52°/56°/60°Putter: Titleist/Cameron Newport 1.5Ball: Looking for a new...

The group I went on my golf trip with is notoriuos for this type of stuff. It is usually the first group off in the second round the day. By then the beer has been flowing and all 11 guys can get a good laugh. I did learn something cool about my bag. It has a rubber strap on the back that hooks arround the cart to keep it from twisting and not sitting straight, as many stand bags do, when you ride. This serves as an additional safety mechanism against smart ass friends.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Haven't seen this one in a while. About 5 years ago we played a scramble before my buddy's wedding. Drank 'til the wee hours of the morning the night before. Started drinking on the course by about the 3rd hole. We had new buzzes going by about the 5th hole. This prank was probably played every other hole for the rest of the day.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

I did learn something cool about my bag. It has a rubber strap on the back that hooks arround the cart to keep it from twisting and not sitting straight, as many stand bags do, when you ride.

My Ogio stand bag has that strap too... it's an awesome invention. My bag never shifts/moves/rotates at all, and although I've never had anyone pull that bullshit trick on me, it would definitely serve as extra protection.

By the way, I think that stuff is immature and completely uncalled for. I play with older guys (father) and my girlfriend most of the time, so I never have to deal with that crap.

Driver: r7 10.5*
3W: Black Ti
Irons: CG Gold
Wedges: 54*, Acuity 60*
Putter: Copperhead bladeBall: NXT-Tour

I just had my bag fall off the cart last Tuesday by the green on the first hole. It happened on a paved cart path just as I was approaching the green and hit a little bump. I heard a "clunk", looked back and there was my bag on the cart path!

It's an Ogio AMP cart bag and it fell off because the cart strap lock down lever opened up. After checking the lever it wouldn't stay locked down and I didn't notice that when I secured my bag. I told the pro shop about it and even showed one of the guys working there, I hope they fix it so it doesn't happen to someone else.

I moved my bag to the other side of the cart (I was riding alone) and it stayed locked in place fine for the rest of the round.

I was very glad upon inspecting my clubs for damage that I use head covers on all my clubs. Four of the iron head covers were fairly well shredded from the cart path impact. The irons themselves were undamaged. I hate to think what my beautiful P2 blades would look like if I hadn't had the headcovers on them.

+1 for iron headcovers.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

If you ask me, it sounds like the excuse to take your "friend" shopping with you for YOUR new driver.

I soo agree. I've got two new drivers from my lil brother since he seems to have a habbit of breaking my driver on the course. Needless to say he doesn't use my drivers anymore. But more important if i knew one of my buddies thought it was cute to undo my strap i would never play with them again. Have some respect for other peoples equipment.

In My Blue & Silver Sasquatch Tour Bag:
Driver: 10.5° Tour Burner TP
3 Wood: Tour Burner Tour
5 Wood Burner TP
Hybrid: Rescue TP 17°5-PW: R7 TP Flighted Rifle 5.5Wedges: 52°&60° cg12 Black Pearl 56° 588 Classic GunmetalPutter: Circa '62 No. 1 Oil CanBall: e6+

+1 for iron headcovers.

hey, there are a few of us around still!!!!! Man, do I get chastized for my iron covers.

The best feeling in golf is a long walk with a putter - Greg Norman

In my Atlas Bag
FT-3 9° - Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 63S
X-Tour 3 Wood 15° - TT Stiff MP-60 Irons 3-PW - DGS300 2 Up MP-T 51° 56°(10)/60°(4) Vokey SM Oil Can Studio Style Newport 2 V1xHome Course Bear Slide

Note: This thread is 6068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!