IGNORED

New From Southern CA

BuhBAM
Note: This thread is 3656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

I am new to the game of golf, and I have been trying play about twice a week (I still practice daily). I usually play alone since I only have a few golf friends. I am located out of the Huntington Beach area. Being a student, I like to play anytime during the week, but I'll golf any day!

What courses do you recommend playing? Any preference for the solo player?

Thanks everyone!

Nuther So.Cali guy...Welcome to TST. I've only played a couple of courses in OC..Miles Square, and Strawberry Farms, I think it is..There's a few guys from your area, I'm sure they will chime in with some good recommendations..Anywho, enjoy your stay.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome, @BuhBAM !!  Mile Square is the best value around IMO.  Good courses (I prefer Players, but they're both good), good greens**, reasonable prices and very walkable.

**  FYI, I believe that they just punched the Classic greens this week.

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hello,

I am new to the game of golf, and I have been trying play about twice a week (I still practice daily). I usually play alone since I only have a few golf friends. I am located out of the Huntington Beach area. Being a student, I like to play anytime during the week, but I'll golf any day!

What courses do you recommend playing? Any preference for the solo player?

Thanks everyone!

Sup bro! I'm in HB too. There are some fun courses around. Mile Square like @Golfingdad mentioned is fun and can be challenging. Meadowlark in HB is a little shorter than average, but still fun...the problem with that place is how crowded it gets. In short, it's poorly managed and a 6 hour round is not uncommon. Dad Miller in Anaheim is fun. Costa Mesa Country Club has two super fun courses and that's where I take lessons, practice (great practice areas) and play sometimes. It's also crowded. Those are all reasonable values for a student.

I try and play somewhere every Sat morning around 6:30 - 7. Usually have a room for a 4th if you're ever interested. Some good info/tips on this site. Enjoy homie!

BS

Thanks @RJH999 !

@BENtSwing , thanks you for all your input. I have golfed Meadowlark a few times, and that is where I practice. I will have to try Cost Mesa, Dan Miller and MSP. I have only been playing for a little while, but if you guys are okay with that. I am down to go. Where do you guys usually golf on Saturday?

Nuther So.Cali guy...Welcome to TST. I've only played a couple of courses in OC..Miles Square, and Strawberry Farms, I think it is..There's a few guys from your area, I'm sure they will chime in with some good recommendations..Anywho, enjoy your stay.

Thank you, @Hammer 4 ! MSP seems to be the go to place in my area.

Thanks @RJH999!

@BENtSwing, thanks you for all your input. I have golfed Meadowlark a few times, and that is where I practice. I will have to try Cost Mesa, Dan Miller and MSP. I have only been playing for a little while, but if you guys are okay with that. I am down to go. Where do you guys usually golf on Saturday?

Yeah totally man...the guys I play with are super chill, and we aren't good lol. We rotate courses every week usually...just depends on where we can get an early tee time.

We're going to play Dad Miller next Saturday (10/4), I think you'd dig that course. Not very long and the back 9 has some fun holes. $38 to walk on the weekend (morning). I will message you with the details when we get the tee time. If you can make it, cool...no worries if you can't.

I think we will play Mile Square or Costa Mesa the weekend after that BTW.

Yeah totally man...the guys I play with are super chill, and we aren't good lol. We rotate courses every week usually...just depends on where we can get an early tee time.

We're going to play Dad Miller next Saturday (10/4), I think you'd dig that course. Not very long and the back 9 has some fun holes. $38 to walk on the weekend (morning). I will message you with the details when we get the tee time. If you can make it, cool...no worries if you can't.

I think we will play Mile Square or Costa Mesa the weekend after that BTW.

Alright man, sounds awesome. I'll play any course, I just want to play and practice...lol.

Definitely keep me in the loop!

Note: This thread is 3656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!