IGNORED

What Degree Loft Is Your Driver?

Mulligan Jeff
Note: This thread is 3496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nike VRS Covert usually 12.5. When I feel like I'm hitting it straight I'll adjust to 11.5 but end up adjusting back up pretty quick. My goal is to eliminate side spin enough to stay at 11.5. I have a two way miss so backspin is essential to keep it somewhat straight.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9.5 here. Have adjusted it down to 8, and up to 11. Not that much of a difference...but 9.5 seems to give me the best ball flight.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nike VRS Covert usually 12.5. When I feel like I'm hitting it straight I'll adjust to 11.5 but end up adjusting back up pretty quick. My goal is to eliminate side spin enough to stay at 11.5. I have a two way miss so backspin is essential to keep it somewhat straight.

To not go insane, you should try to only have a one way miss. Try adjusting to either a draw bias or fade bias and work it. I prefer a draw bias. My 3 wood always, always draws (or hooks). Can't ever recall hitting a fade. I hit it straight a couple of times. The face is pretty closed. I'm going to try the same with my new driver (when I get one).

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I have an RBZ Tour 9-degree set to standard, and an Adams Super S set to 11-degrees flat. The RBZ launches higher than the Adams, and a visual inspection of the two looks to me like there's more loft on the RBZ head. Vanity specs to be sure. They go about the same distance but for now the RBZ Tour is straighter.

9.5*

Probably will get pranged for saying, but right loft probably depends on the individual. My perspective is that if you have a descending angle through the driver or an average swing speed, the added loft will help your carry. I try to sweep / hit with a slightly ascending angle so the 9.5* gives me a pretty decent trajectory and the flatter face relative to the AoA I believe helps me keep spin down some. I can still take it higher by increasing the AoA.

From what I've read, the ideal launch angle for my swing speed is around 15* so my loft is probably not 'ideal' for maximum carry, but it's the loft I learned with so it's comfortable and I've probably adapted my swing to it.

Kevin

To not go insane, you should try to only have a one way miss. Try adjusting to either a draw bias or fade bias and work it. I prefer a draw bias. My 3 wood always, always draws (or hooks). Can't ever recall hitting a fade. I hit it straight a couple of times. The face is pretty closed. I'm going to try the same with my new driver (when I get one).

Do you think we try to have a two way miss (on purpose)? :-D

My misses are a straight ball (and long) missing right, a weak hook missing left, and (I call it a miss) a weak hook that hits the fairway, but doesn't have much on it.

I know what causes all of the above but they still raise their ugly heads.

Note: This thread is 3496 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!