IGNORED

Looking for a good practice net, suggestions?

elivate
Note: This thread is 6078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I want to get a good practice net for my backyard, I want to be able to hit all of my clubs, including driver, any recommendations? I do not want to spend a fortune, so I am looking at some of the ones in the $100 or so price range...

Thanks!

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

Hi!

I don't know if you absolutely have to have one within the next couple of weeks, but if you don't, this one looks pretty good. I plan on probably pre-ordering one while the introductory price is this low. The double netting seems like a great idea for a home setup:

http://www.birdieball.com/scripts/pr...p?idproduct=89

A few of my buddies have built their own, btw, out of PVC pipe and UV-resistant netting (which apparently is a must if you keep the net up outdoors year round).

Good luck, whatever you decide on!

Tom

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

Hi!

Wow, that looks pretty nice! I was thinking of actually building one, but if I can get something of good quality in that price range I will buy it for sure...

Has anyone used this particular net?

What's in the Bag

Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

I'm of the opinion that practice nets have a negative influence on your game.

What's the point of practicing if you can't see the results? The ball hits the net just a few feet away from you. You have no idea if it was a slice, hook, high or low? If you are swinging with a flaw, all you are doing is turnig that flaw into an ingrained bad habit. What good does it do practicing with a net all day, only to get to the course and find out you spent all of the previous day practicing how to hit the perfect HOOK?

If you have a limited amount of space, you're better off using a limited flight ball. At least it will give you some indication as to the quality of your swing.

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

I'm of the opinion that practice nets have a negative influence on your game.

If you go to a course to play 18 holes and they do not have a driving range do you warm up by hitting the ball into the nets? I do... It helps me get ready for my round... If I do not have the chance to swing and actually hit a ball a few times before my round I do not feel that I am ready to play. Time is also a very big factor in my ability to play and practice, with a 2 year old and another on the way it is almost impossible to get to the driving range. A backyard net will allow me to hit some balls while the kids nap and help me keep my swing going...

What's in the Bag

If you go to a course to play 18 holes and they do not have a driving range do you warm up by hitting the ball into the nets? I do... It helps me get ready for my round... If I do not have the chance to swing and actually hit a ball a few times before my round I do not feel that I am ready to play.

That is probably the exception, not the rule. How often do you really "warm up" at home, then drive to the course. It would seem to me you would be pretty cooled down by the time you hit the first tee.

Time is also a very big factor in my ability to play and practice, with a 2 year old and another on the way it is almost impossible to get to the driving range. A backyard net will allow me to hit some balls while the kids nap and help me keep my swing going...

My point exactly. If you are limited on time, using a practice net just means you have to spend MORE TIME unlearning the bad habits you develop using a practice net. Using a practice net is like practicing with a blindfold on. It may feel great (and be tons of fun), but are you really improving your game?

How much room do you have to practice in? I've already said you are better off using the limited flight balls (even the plastic ones with the holes), because they give you some feedback. You can perform a full swing with them. If you don't have enough room to use your driver in the yard, then just use your short clubs. Become the worlds greatest at the putter and short gamer. If you just want to hit real balls, then get a net. Just don't kid yourself you're improving your game or keeping your swing tuned up. You're going through the motions, but you have no idea if they are the right or wrong motions. You're just practicing blindfolded.

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

That is probably the exception, not the rule. How often do you really "warm up" at home, then drive to the course. It would seem to me you would be pretty cooled down by the time you hit the first tee.

Thanks for your opinions...

Now, back to the topic, has anyone tried this practice net? Thanks!

What's in the Bag

Note: This thread is 6078 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!