IGNORED

Cleveland GG 1's

Note: This thread is 6090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking at getting some Cleveland CG1 Black Pearl irons. I was just wondering if anyone has hit them, or owns them. I live in Alaska so there is no where that i can try them in the state, let alone buy them. So any info would be greatly appreciated

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Awesome, thanks for the input.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I did some research and I have narrowed my new iron set down. The main thing now is I don't know if I should get cavity backs (CG Red, Titleist 755, or Mizuno MP-60's) or blades (CG1 Black Pearl, Titleist 695MB, or Mizuno MP-67's). More help would be again, greatly appreciated.

Here's what I play:

I did some research and I have narrowed my new iron set down. The main thing now is I don't know if I should get cavity backs (CG Red, Titleist 755, or Mizuno MP-60's) or blades (CG1 Black Pearl, Titleist 695MB, or Mizuno MP-67's). More help would be again, greatly appreciated.

I could give you inputs if you're talking about Mizuno or Titleist. I've hit both MP-32 and 695MB. I also happen to own MP-60. But first let's get back to you. Which one do you prefer? Pure blades or cavity blades? I'm not talking cavity cavity like CG Gold, X20, S9, etc. Not even CG Red or X-20 Tour that kind of type. I won't go down to the forgiveness topic, because I believe even using cavity blade there's little to no such thing in between. Either you hit good or bad. Using blades requires you to possess an excellent skill in ball striking. No mistakes such as pop ups, casting, fat, thin shots, etc. None of all those.

Let's get to MP-60 first, I can honestly say they're very good although you can spot the cavity a bit on address with the long irons. Every pure shots has an excellent soft feel. Do yourself a favor and lightly tap your thigh with the palm of your hand, that's how it feels. Every bad shot gives you feedback like knocking the knuckle of your middle finger on wooden table but with more sting. The difference between MP-32 and MP-60 is that the MP-60 has slightly larger face and sweet spot, therefore if you're not a perfect hitter who hits only little bit off then this is good for you. That's one of the forgiveness thing. The stunning feel between the two is the same so don't worry about that. I'm sure MP-67 feels the same way, but note that it is intended for even lower handicap player than MP-32. Imagine how better golfer you need to be using MP-67. I did demo 695MB few times and last time was like 2 weeks ago. I think it felt more harder/dead not as soft as Mizuno. But don't get me wrong 695MB is a solid set of player irons, but I'd choose Mizuno MP-32 over 695MB. That's just personal preference, while the excellency of ball striking skill is still mandatory. I also tried my friend's TaylorMade RAC MB TP just last night at the range and oh boy Mizuno is still better in the department of feel. I hope this helps, but it's best if you can actually try before you buy them.
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

Mizuno MP-57's. Hit the TaylorMade R7 TP irons before you buy anything. Most forgiving "players iron" on the market IMO.

In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

hello out there i have tryed the GG1 and they are good clubs have good feel and dist. like in other post the Mizuno and titleist are just better. i have the MP-32 and 695mb in my case i feel the 695mb just a better club all the way around they feel very very balance anf light. i feel i have full control of the club. they feel is so so good yes better then the MP-32. distance wise is great if any thing i have lost no more than 5 yards. what makes then so great is the square look at add. and the very sexy look they have and most important they true balance the have i feel they club head all the way till impact and dont know if im discribing that to you correctley u need to try them out but i know that is something that is hard for you i suggest u buying to sets u might like and see if u canreturn on later i dont know what to tell u good luck

Titleist 905R 10.5* w/ Avix Tour Red 69(X)
Titleist 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto 80(S)
Titleist 585H 17 deg w/ S300
Titleist 690.mb w/ S300
Vokey SM 56 degVokey SM 60 degSCOTTY CAMERON STUDIO STAINLESS NEWPORT 2

Note: This thread is 6090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!