IGNORED

I do not understand adjustable drivers

Note: This thread is 3442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Yes, I know you weren't suggesting. Was just agreeing with your post and giving my own example to further it.

BTW, I am going to read up on what happens when you 'close' or 'open' the face as advertised. I doubt if it is just spinning it around the hosel. That would just rotate the shaft around its own axis and at best relocate the logos - I would think only the easily gullible would actually believe that the face angle changed if so. Really, I thought it changed the lie angle effectively make it play open (lie down) or close (lie up). But I will read up and comment.

It changes the angle at which the shaft enters the head, yeah. It doesn't just spin the head around the same axis. That would be pointless.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It changes the angle at which the shaft enters the head, yeah. It doesn't just spin the head around the same axis. That would be pointless.

Thanks. My interest in all this is new and purely academic. I don't mess around with it much in reality. I am still wondering if the shaft angle changes for the loft change. Unlike a head that was constructed to have more or less loft, it seems like adjusting 'loft' would change the base plate angle too. I am not sure how significant it would be but would think the entire weight distribution of the club head in relation to how it hangs from the shaft would change. Huh.

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!