IGNORED

How Many Golfers Do This?

M-benzw203
Note: This thread is 6087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Use the same ball and club brand

• YES
    • NO
    • DON'T CARE

How many of golfers do these use the same manufacturer ball brand and clubs to match the brand and also do you think it is an advantage to do so.
Im a Titleist guy all the way so i use same brand ball and clubs and i feel like using the same of both feels the best and get the most of both clubs and ball

Titleist 905R 10.5* w/ Avix Tour Red 69(X)
Titleist 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto 80(S)
Titleist 585H 17 deg w/ S300
Titleist 690.mb w/ S300
Vokey SM 56 degVokey SM 60 degSCOTTY CAMERON STUDIO STAINLESS NEWPORT 2

I try it. I'm becoming a Callaway fan. Now I only need my irons and evreything would be Callaway except my SW xD. Also I try to use Callaway balls.

Regards!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Taylor Made Driver, Titleist Irons, Titleist Balls. Dont care if they match or not. I want them to do what I want!

Driver: Taylor Made 425 TP 9.5 ProLaunch 65 Stiff
3 Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel 15 deg Stiff
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Dual 19 deg stiff
Irons: Titleist 704.cb stiff
Wedges: 52 deg Cleveland CG10, 56 deg Titleist Vokey spin-milled, 60 deg Vokey oil canPutter: Original 2-ball, Claw grip.

Callawya Irons and ball, Nike Driver (sumo2) and Tm hybrid.....lol eventually will all be Callaway after i sell my sumo2!!!
Driver: Burner 10.5* Fujikura Stiff
Hybrids: Rescue Mid 19* Stiff Burner Rescue 22*
Irons: 04 Big Bertha steel
Putter: White Hot 2 Ball
Balls: TP Black

Nope, don't care as you can tell by the sig. I go with what I hit well.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

I go with what hits well too, which is all Titleist for me. I normally play the Pro V1X, but not all the time.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

Matching is not important, but it probably happens more often if you are a Titleist player. Currently I play Maxfli with Callaway woods. Just happens that I recently went to Callaway and I purposely bought a driver and 3 wood from the same company. I haven't done that in a long time as I usually go with what works. Luckily, they both work for me.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

I play Cleveland clubs. They don't make a ball (not sure I'd use it anyways). I prefer Titleist but I don't always use Titleist but I do play them much more than any other brand.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I've tried it before... I'd like to consider myself a Taylor-Made guy, allthough I have a Cameron and Titleist Irons...

I tried to play the Taylor-Made ball, just because not many people did.. and I wanted to have more representation of Taylor Made... Switched back to the ProV1x, Feels better off the wedges ( which happen to be Cleveland ).

I grew up on PING, and to my knowledge they never made any balls. So...usually I played whatever I could snag from my old man's bag. Now, I play PING and most recently Callaway for a driver. I hit Titleist Pro V1s, NXT tours, Pinnacles, Callaway, Nike, Top Flight etc...

The equipment philosophy I was taught by tour/teaching pros is that golf is a game of consistency, i.e., having everything the same so there are no "shocks" to the eyes or mental state when looking down at or holding one's "set".

I've always taken their advice to heart, as I'll never be as good as them but whatever works for them...well...

If you review some of the tour pros' "what's in the bag" section of websites and magazines, you'll see this trend. Sure, there are always oddball clubs in some of their bags, i.e., an off-brand 3-wood that's been in their bag since their high school days, etc.

If I'm in a Ping state of mind with my irons, my wedges will be Ping -- and I'll carry Vokeys when I'm playing my Titleist irons. If I'm playing my shiny blades, I'll go with the Cleveland shiny wedges. Sometimes the Clevelands will make it into my Titleist iron bag.

Putter is always open. Any brand goes...even though I don't switch putters often.

Woods gotta be at least two-out-of-three the same brand (I'm a 1-3-5 wood guy still). Two could be Titleist, two could be TaylorMade.

Grips always gotta be the same throughout.

Yet I voted "no".

I agree with the consistency point - especially around and on the green I like a consistent feel, so I'll use the same ball until I run out. But that said, the universe of ball brands/models I use is dictated by what I can get for $10 a dozen or less. These days, that's a list of three:

- Maxfli Red MAX
- Srixon AD-333
- Precept Laddie Xtreme

All of which I've found suitable, and none of which match any club in my bag.

In my bag:

Driver Cleveland Classic 310 Tour 10.5°  Miyazaki Kusala 61 Black Reg
Fairway Wood Cleveland Launcher FL 3/15° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg
Hybrids Cleveland Mashie 3/20.5° & 4/23° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg

Irons Wilson Ci9 5-6-7-8-9-PW-GW FST ss105 Reg 

Wedges Vokey SM 56.14

Putter GEL Ruby 34"

Balls Callaway HX Bite, Wilson Staff FG Tour

• Administrator
I happen to, so I voted yes, but I don't really care. In the past I've used TM drivers with Titleist balls, Callaway drivers, TM irons... Titleist irons and drivers with TM balls... whatever.

I do tend to stick with the Titleist balls, of course, but the rest of my set changes somewhat year to year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I grew up on PING, and to my knowledge they never made any balls. So...usually I played whatever I could snag from my old man's bag. Now, I play PING and most recently Callaway for a driver. I hit Titleist Pro V1s, NXT tours, Pinnacles, Callaway, Nike, Top Flight etc...

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

don't really care...but i tend to favor titleist pro v1's. just the best all around feeling ball i've played.

My (current) Sticks:

Callaway X Hot 3 Wood
MacTech NVG2 Mids 4-GW
Cleveland DSG RTG+ 56*/60*Ping G5i Craz-E PutterK. I. S. S.

"If you review some of the tour pros' "what's in the bag" section of websites and magazines, you'll see this trend. Sure, there are always oddball clubs in some of their bags, i.e., an off-brand 3-wood that's been in their bag since their high school days, etc."

That is what they get paid for, hence the "matching of equipment". They are paid to play a matched set

What's in my bag?
Driver Rapture 9.0* Oban Devotion 75G.
5 wood 904F
Hybrid Rapture 21*
Irons MP-60'SWedges Vokey SM 58 oil can. 54* TOUR-W, Solus 51*Putter Squareback You have to go out, but you don't have to come back.

Note: This thread is 6087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!