IGNORED

Buying MP-60's...what shaft?????

green6767
Note: This thread is 6084 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Been in this process of buying new irons for about a year now. Im going away from the Ping I5's, with a regular flex shaft. I hit the pings fairly well, but after demoing NUMEROUS sets of "players" irons, I love the Mizuno's. Thinner top line, thinner sole, easier to hit in my opinion...and the feel is amazing!!! I hit the MP-60's well, and in my opinion, it will "force" me to become a better player by getting player's irons. My questions is the flex and type of shaft I should purchase.

I hit a regular flex true temper on my pings. This set was actually given to me when I first started golfing a couple years ago. My swing speed was much slower and overall ability was less. (Handicap was about a 30 when I started).

I hear great things about Project X shafts. Where I live, they dont have any for demo on the MP-60s in my area. As far as "getting fitted", count that out because there are no authentic fitters in my area either. Not even a launch monitor for at least 60 miles. Sucks I know.

Anybody on here play Project X shafts? What did you play before and did you notice a difference? Are they worth the extra money or are you paying or the name? I would like to bump up to a stiff flex shaft on my irons, so would that be about a 5.5 or so in the Project X standards?

Im also open to any other contributions on shaft selection. I play stock Ping true temper shafts now with regular flex and my ball flight is normal. Average 7 Iron carry is 160 to 165 yards with very little roll.

In The Bag:

Driver: R7 SuperQuad 460 9.5
3 Wood: G5 w/ Graffaloy Pro Launch Stiff
3-PW: MP60's Wedges: Black Pearl 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot #4Ball: Pro V1

I'm probably not much help, but I have the standard stiff shafts from Mizuno in mine with the "best" swing weight option. I love them.
The best feeling in golf is a long walk with a putter - Greg Norman

In my Atlas Bag
FT-3 9° - Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 63S
X-Tour 3 Wood 15° - TT Stiff MP-60 Irons 3-PW - DGS300 2 Up MP-T 51° 56°(10)/60°(4) Vokey SM Oil Can Studio Style Newport 2 V1xHome Course Bear Slide

I love my Project X Flighted. I have been playing them for about a year and couldnt be happier. I switched from TT Dynamic Gold S400. I went with the flighted set because I wanted to keep my trajectory a little lower on my short irons to prevent ballooning. What a difference a shaft makes. Fantastic feel and I dont know if there is a shaft made that is better for energy transfer to the ball. 5.5 would compare to a "typical" manufacturer stiff. If you have the extra cash, I would highly recommend the Project X.....and dont overlook the flighted sets.
In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

So the Project X Flighted gives a little bit lower ball flight compared to just the Project X?

In The Bag:

So the Project X Flighted gives a little bit lower ball flight compared to just the Project X?

No. Flighted sets have a change in kickpoint throughout the set. The longer irons launch higher and carry longer. The short irons launch lower for a more penetrating trajectory into greens and more control.

http://www.royalprecision.com/precis..._projectx.html
In My Bag
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

Now I get it. Thanks for the clarification!

In The Bag:

Now I get it. Thanks for the clarification!

Anytime. Good luck with your new shafts.

In My Bag

how was your ball fight trajectory with the 60's? too high? the same? do yoiu have a steep angle of attack? do you have an upright plane swing or flat?
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

I hit the 60's with a slightly lower ball flight than the I5's. Seemed like they had more of a "pop" to em though. Got off the club face pretty hot. Swing plane is about normal. Its not flat or steep. If anything, its a bit more steep than it would be flat if you had to choose. Im a divot taker. I tend to hit down on the ball rather than sweep it. Seems like with the wedges though, I can take quite a divot sometimes. This is fine if I can get to the ball first, but If I come up a bit short (ground first), I dont get the spin or distance I was looking for with the wedge shot.

Not sure if this helps, but I hit my wedges slightly better than I hit my irons. I love the swing weight, topline, and the thin sole of my wedges. Just look sleeker and gives you that "I can take a divot easily" kind of feeling. Look at the topline of my pings, and I dont get that same feeling. Also, nothing sweeter than the feel of an on center hit with a blade. Kinda why Im leaning towards the 60's. I look down on the Pings and they just look "clumpy" or "fat" to me.

In The Bag:

Im planing to buy a new set and I like a lot the MP-32 I have hit them and everthing. I ask mizuno if I can order a set of mp-32 with the project X flithed shaft and the mizuno guy told me that mizuno doesnt offer this shaft and they only offer the project X version, so where can I get the mp-32 with the project x flithed?, or I have to buy them and the reshaft them?

What is in my Ping bag:
Driver: R7 425 9.5*Fujikura Vistapro 70 stff
3Wood: An old 15* Graphite Stiff.
5Wood: R7 ST 18* Mid point RE-AX 70 Stff
7Wood: Tight lies 21* Graphite StffIrons: An old set of EYE2+ 4-PW Steel StiffWedge: vokey SM 54*10 and 60*08Putter: Studio Style Newport 1.5Balls...

Im planing to buy a new set and I like a lot the MP-32 I have hit them and everthing. I ask mizuno if I can order a set of mp-32 with the project X flithed shaft and the mizuno guy told me that mizuno doesnt offer this shaft and they only offer the project X version, so where can I get the mp-32 with the project x flithed?, or I have to buy them and the reshaft them?

they offer rifle flighted shaft, if you insist on PX flighted you can google it.

HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

they offer rifle flighted shaft, if you insist on PX flighted you can google it.

I want the PX Flighted cause I need more of a penetrating trayectory and the rifle flighted give a higher trayectory that I dont want. Well that what I have search and people have told me.

Ill google it and see if I find it.

What is in my Ping bag:
Driver: R7 425 9.5*Fujikura Vistapro 70 stff
3Wood: An old 15* Graphite Stiff.
5Wood: R7 ST 18* Mid point RE-AX 70 Stff
7Wood: Tight lies 21* Graphite StffIrons: An old set of EYE2+ 4-PW Steel StiffWedge: vokey SM 54*10 and 60*08Putter: Studio Style Newport 1.5Balls...

Note: This thread is 6084 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!