IGNORED

Whose PGA Tour Player's Swing You Like the Most?

Note: This thread is 5999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Retief Goosen
Big Ernie
Monty

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood
Callaway X Hybrid (24*)TaylorMade r7 Irons (5-PW)Mizuno MP-R Series Wedges (52,58 degrees)Ping G2 Anser Putter

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming you mean Retief's swing from 2005 and prior! His swing is kind of a mess right now. Again, a mess by tour standards, but his driver is going everywhere.

Swing = Stacked and On Plane when possible.
In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9° Alidila NV 75g Stiff
3-Wood: Nike SQ 15° Diamana Stiff (Stock)
Irons: NIKE FORGED SPLIT CAVIY (S300)Wedges: Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 (Rust) 52°/56°/60°Putter: Titleist/Cameron Newport 1.5Ball: Looking for a new...

I'm assuming you mean Retief's swing from 2005 and prior! His swing is kind of a mess right now. Again, a mess by tour standards, but his driver is going everywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVYN4qTfsSw

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood
Callaway X Hybrid (24*)TaylorMade r7 Irons (5-PW)Mizuno MP-R Series Wedges (52,58 degrees)Ping G2 Anser Putter

Yeah, that's a good swing, but what I'm saying is his consistency is not where it should be right now. He's working with a swing coach and it's just not going well by the way he played in the President's Cup 2007.

In My Bag:
Irons: NIKE FORGED SPLIT CAVIY (S300)Wedges: Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 (Rust) 52°/56°/60°Putter: Titleist/Cameron Newport 1.5Ball: Looking for a new...

Yeah, that's a good swing, but what I'm saying is his consistency is not where it should be right now. He's working with a swing coach and it's just not going well by the way he played in the President's Cup 2007.

I like Retief, Ernie and Monty because they all have great rhythm, always look in total control and appear as if they are hardly trying.

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood

Freddie Couples
Ernie Els
VJ
In The Bag

Driver: FT3 -or- TMTB
Woods: Cobra F-Speed
Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

Tiger Woods and Adam Scott for sure
Driver: Taylormade R7 Superquad TP 8.5 (Fujikura Motore F1 75 X-Stiff)
3-Wood: Cleveland Tour Head 13 (Matrix Ozik Code-8 X-Stiff)
Irons: Titleist 690 MB 3 and 4 iron (Dynamic X-100) 5 - PW (Dynamic Tour X7)
Wedges: Titleist Spin Milled 55 and 59 Degree
Putter: Titleist Studio Stainless 1st Gen.

Freddy Couples, of course. Although I'm not sure how much golf he has left in him.

I like Sergio's. His move towards the ball into impact is amazing. Efficient, powerful, creates tons of lag.

Els, for obvious reasons.

Fred Couples
Ernie Els
Adam Scott

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

Ernie Els for sure. It's just... PERFECT.

Driver: G2
3 Wood: Launcher
Irons: FoundersWedges: Putter: Tru TechBall: The Longest NoodleBag: Grom If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up. ~Tommy...

Geoff Ogilvy and Stuart Appleby. . . so simple

Geoff Ogilvy's is really nice, he gets overlooked a lot. Underrated in my opinion.

In My Bag:

other than Tiger i would choose adam scott

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Tiger Woods
Adam Scott
Luke Donald

Tiger's swing is impressive to say the least, and Adam's is modeled after Tiger for the most part. I've always been a fan of Luke Donald's swing.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

Nice picks.
Couples - I think of effortless acceleration
Goosen - Reminds me of smooth and silky irons
Ogilvy - I think of technically sound, great positions. His finish is just awesome!

In My Bag:

Note: This thread is 5999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!