IGNORED

My Swing (GolfLug)

GolfLug

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

I know. I am hoping we address it this year. I feel like I'm getting away with BS. Low margin move.

Not until May though?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

30 minutes ago, iacas said:

Not until May though?

That's what I can fit in at the moment. Kids stuff is heavily crammed in between now and then. But let's see if something pans out earlier.

Vishal S.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Committed to width this year. Feeling is to ensure both arms get above shoulders. 

P.S. Have stopped worrying too much about shallowing or whatever. Had gotten it in my head a bit. 

Edited by GolfLug
  • Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

• Administrator

If you can get some width on your own (without pulling the right elbow around you too much, we can work on something different in May.

Make sure your first piece stays good. Looks good here.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, iacas said:

If you can get some width on your own (without pulling the right elbow around you too much, we can work on something different in May.

Okay.

Vishal S.

On 1/22/2023 at 2:33 PM, iacas said:

So pull up instead of around, yes? 

Vishal S.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

So pull up instead of around, yes? 

Up, yes. Whether that feels like a "pull" or whatever, I couldn't say. 😄 

(edited)
1 hour ago, iacas said:

Whether that feels like a "pull" or whatever, I couldn't say. 😄 

Well my stiff fat ass wouldn't let my arms get off my chest unless I pull them up. I'm thinking over time the conditioning will let me just 'place' them there. For now, pull. 

P.S. thinking more about it the feel of getting elbows so far up and away off my chest is difficult. Like really difficult. But I know it must be done. 

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

P.S. thinking more about it the feel of getting elbows so far up and away off my chest is difficult. Like really difficult. But I know it must be done. 

Like… a range of motion limitation? Without a club, can you lift your elbows up off your ribs? Above your shoulders?

(edited)
26 minutes ago, iacas said:

Like… a range of motion limitation? Without a club, can you lift your elbows up off your ribs? Above your shoulders?

Nah.. range is fine. Positioning conditioning from all the cricket from age 3. Trail elbow gets pulled around and behind torso to initiate a forward move and elbow extend forcefully into impact. 

Them roots are deep. It is easy to see in all my sloppy swings. Elbow never rises above my rib level or collapses down to an acute forearm to upper arm angle at A4.

I guess that's what y'all mean by muscle memory..🤣

Edited by GolfLug
  • Funny 1

Vishal S.

(edited)
On 1/22/2023 at 2:33 PM, iacas said:

If you can get some width on your own (without pulling the right elbow around you too much

I believe my left side is not conditioned enough. Hopefully this will cure the overdependence on the right side side and some fake width. Been doing it since yesterday. 

It may not seem like it but this is me feeling every ounce of the 42 left side ribs I have.. 😁

Edited by GolfLug
  • Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

I sometimes forget that the natural tendency of the body is to create down, out and forward forces when tasked to 'hit' a ball with a club from A4.

I guess my tendency to tip out club from A4 most probably is due to this and that the challenge is to let the club drop low and in front enough in some orientation to allow these forces to act. Preferably wait till after A6.. Of course that is easier said then done. 

Vishal S.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

I sometimes forget that the natural tendency of the body is to create down, out and forward forces when tasked to 'hit' a ball with a club from A4.

I guess my tendency to tip out club from A4 most probably is due to this and that the challenge is to let the club drop low and in front enough in some orientation to allow these forces to act. Preferably wait till after A6.. Of course that is easier said then done. 

And if we were hitting the ball with our hands, that'd work somewhat, yeah.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

And if we were hitting the ball with our hands, that'd work somewhat, yeah.

Agreed. I would love to address this 'throw and hope' strategy. Like, comprehensively. 😊

Vishal S.

On 1/29/2023 at 8:38 AM, GolfLug said:

I guess my tendency to tip out club from A4 

I see ball, I hit ball. I want to jump my right hand (green dot) over the left hand (pink dot) from A4. That's a hardwire. Need to unwire and rewire with a contradictory feel, but honestly fearful of learning another self-defeating compensation. 

image.png

Vishal S.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

P.S. is that just a version of OTT?

Yes.

But it’s an easy fix. The understanding is anyway. Then you have to do it. 😀

Didn't capture a video since dark outside so can't say for sure if it's a fact or just what I'm feeling but it seems that if the hands don't gather depth by A2, it gets much harder to gain depth later (unless you are Rory). 

Conversely once you get the hands even slightly deeper at A2 than address (no club rolling) it gets easier to gain depth further. I practiced this with my shoulder plumb line to floor for check at A2. The ball compression with my 18 deg iron felt really really good. Swing felt shorter with a faster tempo.

So...., low hands with arms unified with torso skate slightly inside of shoulder plumb line when they arrive at A2. Clubhead should sweep but not roll maintaining forearm to shaft angle. 

Letting my left arm fully rise to chin after this seemed to make it really easy to transition and honestly to an awesome impact.

Practice was fun today.

Vishal S.