IGNORED

Arccos Game Tracking Device, Looking for Input

Note: This thread is 990 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Most of my sensors seem to have stopped working now. I have done the diagnostic and it recognizes them, but when I hit shots it’s rarely registering. Pretty frustrating. I contacted arccos support and they sent me a link to buy more at a discount, $7.50 per sensor. I love the tracking and post-round analysis, so I’ll probably get the replacements. I have 121 rounds and about 2.5 years in on this set.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

Most of my sensors seem to have stopped working now. I have done the diagnostic and it recognizes them, but when I hit shots it’s rarely registering. Pretty frustrating. I contacted arccos support and they sent me a link to buy more at a discount, $7.50 per sensor. I love the tracking and post-round analysis, so I’ll probably get the replacements. I have 121 rounds and about 2.5 years in on this set.

Just curious - are using a phone or the Caddy Link belt device?

4 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Just curious - are using a phone or the Caddy Link belt device?

Phone. I tried the Apple watch for a while but didn’t like it, it was missing or double registering. I just saw a press release from arccos today saying that they updated the watch tracking and it’s out of beta. I’d be interested in hearing if others have tried that yet.

11 hours ago, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

Phone. I tried the Apple watch for a while but didn’t like it, it was missing or double registering. I just saw a press release from arccos today saying that they updated the watch tracking and it’s out of beta. I’d be interested in hearing if others have tried that yet.

It would be interesting to know if they'd perform any differently with the belt device. As I wear a different wrist "health" tracking device the apple watch wouldn't work for me.

Also, have you noticed any wear on the face of the sensors from rubbing on the bottom of your bag?

17 hours ago, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

Yeah, I use the Watch all the time for shot detection and shot location. I’m not sure why they put out the notification now—it’s been out for a couple months IIRC

I’m using AW series 5, and it works fine even though they say it’s optimized for series 6 and SE.  From the FB user Arccos group, it sounds like the folks who have most problems are using series 3 or maybe 4. 

Some folks are saying the battery doesn’t last. The app tells me it will last 5 hours, and I finish a round with about 35% left. Couple of things to consider here:

1. Battery health of the watch. Mine is at 93%, so as it drops lower, I expect it won’t last as long.

2. What other things are you having the Watch do? I turned off the Arccos to Health setting, because that will use more battery. If it’s doing other things as well, that will also use up the battery more quickly.

3. I put my iPhone in Low Power Mode when arriving at the course.  Among other things, this turns off background updates; I think this might also apply to the Watch function.

4. Some folks have said to put it in Airplane mode or theater mode. I haven’t tried that, but haven’t needed to.

One improvement in the Watch app is that it now lets you record hole location on the green. Usually pretty close, but I almost always check my first putt and the hole locations on my iPhone as I head to the next tee. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not convinced.. i've had the sensors for 20+ rounds and every round it misses shots and I have to remember what / how I played the hole .... I like the idea of it ... club recommendations etc but it misses too many shots for it to be trust worthy. 

1 hour ago, MatP said:

I'm not convinced.. i've had the sensors for 20+ rounds and every round it misses shots and I have to remember what / how I played the hole .... I like the idea of it ... club recommendations etc but it misses too many shots for it to be trust worthy. 

You have to buy in to getting your phone out between holes IMO. For approach, around the green, and on the green, pin location is a huge element in determining how good of a shot you hit. The pin defaults to center of the green, so to have accurate stats you've gotta open your phone and move the pin. The app does a better job than it used to in locating your first putt location. But it's still pretty approximate. To get the most value you've got to manually place the pin and your first putt after every hole.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

My brother had issues with sensing too and then started keeping his phone in his pocket instead of in his bag, often in the cart 90˚ away on the path!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

My issues might be related to the microphone hole getting clogged up with dirt or pocket lint. The diagnostics function on the app checks out all the sensors and says they’re working properly. People have been commenting recently that they couldn’t hear me well on calls and FaceTime. I took some time after my round yesterday and cleaned out the little holes on the bottom with a pin. I’m planning to play again Wednesday, so we’ll see what happens.

It’s definitely important, in my opinion, to check the green preview and try to place the pin on approach shots. Or at least after finishing the hole. I sometimes get lazy and just use the long press on the hole layout view after shooting the pin to get the recommended club for the actual yardage. But really, the zoomed in green preview would give me a better understanding of where to aim on the approach. 

Cleaning out the holes on the bottom of the phone fixed the problem! The mic must not have been getting a strong enough signal to detect that I was taking shots. The app is working great again now! Now if I could just get it to read my putts for me…

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 990 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!